The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
33,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am renovating my 7549-7010 Tuna (loving the watch !!) and i am thinking i am going to change out the bezel insert and the OEM SKX007 insert was recommended as a good swap (ordered and received from Harold in Hong Kong in less than a week !!!) but IMO the bezel dot is too small as is the dot triangle and also the digits are wrong so any ideas ?

Personally i think the 6309/6105 insert would look more like the original, obviously a new original one would be best but not available :'(

I have toyed with leaving the original insert in place but then again i do like to see a clean insert just makes them look so much better and i am not a wabi lover.

Do these inserts push out just the same as the 6309/6105s etc ? just been looking and the original does look a good set up with the metal ring under the insert.

Thanks.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Tiger, if no posters respond to your satisfaction, I suggest you drop a line to Randall at his Seikoholics forum and ask him...he is 'da Man'.....

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The inserts do indeed pop out just like the 6309s. I think I have one of Harolds new sloped aftermarket "big dot" 6309 inserts if you would like to trade for your old insert - pm me if interested...

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I would do as Harry suggested. That said, the 007 insert should fit, thought it might be a wee bit thinner than the original, and of course it is flat and has a smaller lume pip.

·
Administrator
33,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know Geran I am becoming more of mind to stay with the original, it is about border line to me, not bad but not good but..........original (I think in my mind i have decided ;) )

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would keep it original - the insert is just right for a tool watch like that 8)

I have an original insert on my 7548-7000 that is very scratched - but I like it ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts