The Watch Site banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Outlaw
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently had good old fleabay purchase of mixed bracelets, as one of them caught my eye. I’m hoping that I scored a 19mm vintage seiko bracelet that will fit my 6217 world time. I’m not sure if the 6217 came with the bracelet as standard, but if it fits I’ll be happy enough.

Cutlery Personal protective equipment Jewellery Font Auto part

The one I’m referring to is on the far left. I’ve definitely seen a bracelet like it on other vintage seikos but I don’t know for sure. Fingers crossed I got something I can use. I’ll be interested to hear what the experts think I’ve trawled up here. Perhaps it’s just junk that needs throwing back ;).

·
Outlaw
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I got lucky on this one. I think the bracelet I was eyeing up was indeed seiko, but I’m not 100% sure. I’m sure I recognise the logo stamped on the inner of the clasp but if someone could confirm it that would be great.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Font

Watch Analog watch Arm Gesture Clock

And then the stamping on the clasp: note I will need a friction pin to get the clasp reunited.

Wood Font Rectangle Electric blue Metal

The other scrap that came with it: (some half decent SQ bracelets though)

Azure Rectangle Wood Water Font

The other straps that came with the lot were pure junk, so they went straight to the bin.

I think watch looks so much better on steel, I don’t get on very well with leather straps so it’s going to make it a whole new watch in my eyes. A service might be in order now to make it wearable. Overall I’m quite pleased with this fleabay haul, proof that you can still trawl up some diamonds in the rough.

·
Outlaw
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, please...check the bin...i might be interested in the strap on the left of the pic.....What width is it at the join (ie where it joins the watch)?

Dave
Sorry if it was unclear, but the ones I took pictures of were not thrown away. The stuff that got thrown in the bin was all broken. I shall check the left one and get back to you.

·
Outlaw
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the one on the far left the end links are attached
they are bands that were used on the Vietnam era Seiko MAC SOG V watches too
i have had two of those bands
they are well made too
the other bands i am not sure of without moire pics of them
great find for sure
thank u for sharing them with us
God Bless,John
Hi there John,

Do you know what Vietnam war era models this bracelet was fitted to? From what I’ve seen most of the MACV SOG watches were fitted to fabric straps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts