The Watch Site banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
stophmaster said:
I know I'm in the minority here, but the modern Alpinists just don't do it for me. The hour hand just ain't right. However, I really like the old-school Alpinists!

You may be in the minority, but you're not alone. I'm a big fan of the vintage, not really a fan at all of the new ones, although I can see why some are, just not me.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
That looks great on the NATO :)

A few shots of the 60's style.

[size=78%]Dressy

[size=78%]New crystal for this one now.

This one is rarely seen, just looking for the Laurel version now.

I have found a NOS dial for this ( to be fitted later )

·
Registered
549 Posts
martback said:
A few more for completeness.

- martin
Martin,

I (and a few others) lust after that SSASS model... what a cool watch. I have a the 8f56 SSASS Landrek LE but still desire this one.

Mark

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
martback said:
A few more for completeness.

- martin
My 2 Grail watches.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd like to keep this thread going with my 'new to me Alpinist'.
Was also wondering, does anyone know the crystal dimensions ? Mine has a fairly deep chip on the crystal near the top that i'm wondering it may be time to replace.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have been searching and searching for even one Alpinist. It physically hurt me to look at your Alpinist collection (yes, the jealousy was extremely painful) as it is absolutely amazing. I have been asking every vendor/seller I know to start looking for one I can buy. I am going to Okinawa in November and have two full days scheduled to visit as many dealers and pawn shops as possible. If you know anyone that has one 1960s Alpinist please send them my way. I have plenty of other models to trade in case I have something someone else is looking for.

As you can see from my photo, yesterday I desperately needed an Alpinist as I was actually climbing the mountains in Korea. It was terribly embarrassing to be in the mountains without an Alpinist. Nobody asked me where my SEIKO Alpinist was but I know they were thinking it. Please help me.

Attachments

41 - 53 of 53 Posts