·
Registered
522 Posts
Have an Seiko Alpinist GMT TITANIUM Perpetual Calender, model: SBCJ021
10 year battery

Had Jack redo the hands so that it was eaiser for me to read :eek:

Nice watch and feels great on wrist.

First shot is before.... (from web)
Second is after redo ..... sorry for crappy picture.

Daniel

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
I should not have sold this one :'( - 8F56 Alpinist.

The getting-it-back idea is still haunting me from time to time. But it is so extremely difficult to find a good one at a "good" price nowaday.

Vincent

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Turns out we have a lot of love for the Alpinist :bravo_2:
Thanks for all your contributions - some great pics, and what seems to be whole-hearted approval on the titanium quartz model...
I struck the deal yesterday - will post pics when it arrives >:D

·
Vendor
1,693 Posts
:banghead: This Seiko collecting is insane!!! Now I have to hunt one of these :)
Very nice alpinists Guys, Thanks for sharing ...................................................................

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
seikochrono said:
:banghead: This Seiko collecting is insane!!! Now I have to hunt one of these :)
Very nice alpinists Guys, Thanks for sharing ...................................................................

Insane? Tell me about it ;D

Mike

·
Registered
812 Posts
really beautiful watches wow how I do want one of those green ones. I do have just one question though. On what mountain will i need a watch with two hundred meters of water resistance?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
bosjohn said:
really beautiful watches wow how I do want one of those green ones. I do have just one question though. On what mountain will i need a watch with two hundred meters of water resistance?
Never stopped me buying an MM300 to take to the pool! :))

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Not the perpetual Alpinist, but likely a cousin in the Seiko lineup: the Landtrek from 2000, ti, perpetual, GMT. A few of us have them, and I have kept mine as the near perfect watch!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
A swift arrival, and a quick pic:
I was not sure at first, on the titanium bracelet it just looked a bit too flash - but on a NATO - I am starting to really warm to the little fella! :)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
martback said:
A few more for completeness.

- martin
First time I've seen a blue one :bravo_2:
Looks really nice :035: I take it that's a titanium model too...?

Now I need to find a NATO with titanium bits on it as the strap currently weighs more than the watch!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts