The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have enjoyed owning a 4s black Alpinist for a while now. I love the idea of a watch designed for the guy who likes to picnic in the Japanese mountains - that sounds like my kind of action adventure :)
What's more it is a very, very pretty watch... Extremely well detailed, and beautifully put together...

An obvious way to expand the Alpinist collection would be to search out the other 4S colours - or find one of the delicious vintage examples seen from time to time.

However, branching off in a similar vein, An offer has come my way for a titanium GMT perpetual quartz Alpinist - seems a really interesting watch - I wondered if any of you had come across this model and/or if any of you had opinion to share - cheers

·
Registered
722 Posts
[size=medium]Here are mine:

[size=medium]

[size=medium]

[size=medium]
[size=medium]

[size=medium]
[size=medium]

[size=medium]

[size=medium]

[size=medium]

[size=medium]
[size=medium]

[size=medium]
[size=medium]

[size=medium]
[size=medium]

[size=medium]
[size=medium]

[size=medium]
[size=medium]

[size=medium]
[size=medium]

[size=medium]
[size=medium]

[size=medium]
[size=medium]

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
:clap:

Love them, and collect them, when I can.

I think I have around five at the moment....(but don't tell my wife)
I used to climb and the alpinist would have been very appropriate to wear at the time, but I actually used a Suunto Vector!
The perpetual quartz is a cracker and I have seen a few, they are very nice.
I would go for it, if you don't get on with it you will have no issues moving it on.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I bow down to the Alpinist. Great watch

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Not mine but saw this one on the bay a few weeks ago but had to pass because of the price and the gold plate and the chance it is a redial of a basic Champion since no caseback shots were provided.

·
Registered
549 Posts
My 8f56 Ti Alpinist has been a revelation: fantastic watch, very classy, right size, weight, and aesthetics. I love it.

Mark

·
Registered
194 Posts
thianwong1 said:
Here is the second generation 6R15 Alpinist....a niche collector item!
looks great on that tan strap -- i will have to try that option for my watch.

thanks for posting!

john

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Here's mine. Had to sell it last year though.
Please don't ask if I miss it...OF COURSE I BLOODY MISS IT! :'(

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Barry said:
That looks gorgeous, :035:

Do you miss it.... ;)

Barry....you twist the knife deeper...YOU ABSOLUTE GIT! :'( How much pain can one man take ....?

·
Registered
4,358 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Here are my Alpinists.

First is a SARB059 6R15-01K0 that I current have on mesh.

Next is a SARB015 6R15-00E0

Finally is a J13043 Champion Alpinist with some missing discolored lume from the minute hand.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have 16 Alpinists in my collection (4S15, 6R15 and 8F56) and the 8F56 version is my favorite. Every thing about it is just right. I have two of these (Black and Lumbrite) and they both look just great.

Replacing the battery like any perpetual calander watch can be a bit daunting. They claim a 10 year battery life but I only got 8 out of mine which I bought new.

Of all the Alpinists they seem to be the hardest to come by.

Parts are a bit hard to come by to, luckily I stocked up on bracelets and crystals when they were available.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts