The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been here a while now, and enjoy looking at the restorations that occur here. See a lot of companies names mentioned, especially Jules Borel, the site is informative, especially about gaskets (a reoccurring fetish of mine at the moment), went to sign up and it asks for a business name. I only repair my own pieces, so am I banished from this world of bountiful gasket supplies? Any info about this would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Cousins in the UK do that too. Its just to protect them from distance selling laws, you won't have the same rights as a private customer. Just put your name in and set up an account. I did and I'm in UK. They expect about $50 min spend I believe as they are shipping to UK. Edit just remembered you sometimes get hammered by VAT duty plus Royal mail expenses so a $50 bits have another £4 vat and £8 Royal Mail. Rip off from Royal Mail.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much, I'm registered with Cousins already. I'll now sign up for Jules as well. Great help!!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm used to that, or Parcel Force squeezing me dry. The missus tolerates the watches, but I'm in the dog house when an import tax demand arrives :) .

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
If you're just after seals/gaskets there are ebay sellers who do good deals/have good selections - people like and including timebymail etc. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts