The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've picked these up over the last few years, along w/ donor watches for the various parts I need to fix up the keepers (what a pain!). hopefully, they'll be ready to go before summer's end. ha! I might make one of the blue 6139 speedtimers into a yellow version as I did pick up a NOS yellow speedtimer dial from our friend, jonathan, ::: bows head ::: many moons ago.

a quick story about that dial: he posted it on ebay a few times and I think I was the only one who ever bid on it, never meeting the reserve. we went back and forth on the price and one day, I put that I was " [email protected]" after he saw that he replied, "well, why didn't you say you were on the SCWF!" he then proceeded to give me the dial at fairly great price. I'm sure many have that sort of jonathan story in one form or another..... my apologies for the bad photo

<*shark >>><

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Good luck, I just categorized my current projects tonight and realize I have got to stop getting any more incomings until I can sort out the bunch I have already.

Love that dial on the red and black Seiko5 SpeedTimer - make that one new again !

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Sure would love to be in your socks......ugh, I mean shoes.....:)

Great project drawer Larry!

I'm still interested in you know what........:)

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
well those are gorgeous...great collection

1 - 7 of 7 Posts