The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw one at Macy's. I checked it out and it just doesn't seem very high quality to me.

I have the limited edition and basic black version of the Bulova A-15 reissue of a few years ago. Both were done amazingly well. This devil diver doesn't stand up to the quality of the A-15 reissue. The Bulova logo is one of the biggest standouts. Look closely in pictures and you'll see. The bracelet also feels pretty cheap. I was excited when i saw the press release about it but am very disappointed with the end result. Glad I looked at one in the store before buying online.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've not seen either one in the flesh and I doubt it is even available in our market.

Anyway the LE looks good in the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I have little knowledge of Bulover past or present, but that box it comes in definitely states
"SWISS AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT", AFAIK. Miyota has always been Japanese.

Ahh, just done a quick bit of Googling, it seems these actually have a Sellita sw220 movement.

Move along folks, nothing Japanese to see here.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I have little knowledge of Bulover past or present, but that box it comes in definitely states
"SWISS AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT", AFAIK. Miyota has always been Japanese.

Ahh, just done a quick bit of Googling, it seems these actually have a Sellita sw220 movement.

Move along folks, nothing Japanese to see here.

If I remember correctly, the orange dialled LE has a Swiss movement and the regular production black dial model has the Miyoto inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
I own a vintage (1969) Devil Diver and was looking forward to the standard re-issue. I had an opportunity to try one on and it just didn't grab me the way I thought it would.

·
Special Member
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I find this Bulova case shape a bit Doxa-esque.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I think Doxa, Bulova, others just used an EPSA case on these watches. I don’t think it’s specifically a Doxa design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
301 Posts
Interesting thread that I had not seen before. Just one question.....how many snorkelers can go to 666 feet?!;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts