The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a Japanese seller offering it on Ebay...price is around $300, just search for "tic tac quartz bullhead". No details about the movement but it says it features a sweeping chrono hand.

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
I've seen these too several times. Would be interested to hear someone's review on one of them. No real interest. For $300 you're almost halfway there for the real thing.

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
Exactly.

Ps,
A 50 year anniversary reissue of any of 6139 or 6138 would be nice.
It would be very sweet IF Seiko does it correctly and doesn't skimp on the details - like the rotating inner bezel ....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, in an interesting twist of events, I stumbled on one on Yahoo Japan and got it for a more reasonable $75 as the only bidder. For that price it was worth getting if nothing else to check it more closely. Expect a quick review once I get my hands on it.

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts

·
Banned
885 Posts
No details about the movement but it says it features a sweeping chrono hand.
More than likely a Seiko quartz of some sort - V657 maybe ? If it was an auto, you can be sure it would have had a display back.

Seiko themselves have already done the 6138 re-issue thing, a few years back under their Wired brand.
They weren't Bullheads but conventional side mounted pushers. Sales codes were AGAV014 and AGAV022 . They were 7T11 quartz powered.

There's also these 7T92 quartz powered Seiko branded bullheads (covered in an earlier thread from 2012):

Don't forget Seiko has already done a bullhead "re-issue" with quartz movements -https://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese-watch-discussion-forum/38585-seiko-bullhead-sceb009-review.html
(No duplication intended) ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Oh, these are quartz, no doubt about that. I was just wondering which movement will be inside. We will see once I crack it open, as this information seems to be hidden well.

They do come in several different colors.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, as promised here is a quick review after I laid my hands on it.

It is actually nicer than I expected. It is chunky in a good way, and the solid link bracelet must be the most generous that I have seen. I literally had to take almost all 7 of the removable links to fit on my 15 cm wrist.

The biggest surprise is that this has a mecha quartz movement ticking inside. Chrono behaves exactly like a mechanical chrono would, I expected a pure quartz movement.

Dial has a subtle sunburst effect, and subdials are recessed, the case finishing is very nice.

Not sure about the colour choices on the tachymeter bezel on this particular variant, but there are others to choose from. If there are any questions, let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Exactly.

Ps,
A 50 year anniversary reissue of any of 6139 or 6138 would be nice.

Yes, at a price us poor folk could afford otherwise it's vintage all the way....:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
[QUOTE = "Riba, příspěvek: 2664177, člen: 129434"]
Oh, tohle je křemen, o tom není pochyb. Jen jsem přemýšlel, jaký pohyb bude uvnitř. Uvidíme, jakmile to rozlomím, protože tato informace se zdá být dobře skrytá.

Přicházejí v několika různých barvách.
[/CITÁT]
Jdny mám

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
[QUOTE = "Riba, příspěvek: 2664177, člen: 129434"]
Oh, tohle je křemen, o tom není pochyb. Jen jsem přemýšlel, jaký pohyb bude uvnitř. Uvidíme, jakmile to rozlomím, protože tato informace se zdá být dobře skrytá.

Přicházejí v několika různých barvách.
[/CITÁT]
Jdny mám
Not a lot of info and they come in different colors. That's how much my knowledge of polish allowed me to decipher. Try writing in English Jakub, might get more responses. Also, you have one? Is that what you said at the end?

Rob

1 - 20 of 24 Posts