The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
They have brushed too. That's where I got mine and I'm wearing it right now. If he has none listed just contact him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I emailed him last weekend about the very same topic. Apparently he is out of stock but will have more in about 6 weeks. You should email him anyway so you can get on his "want" list.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
You can always contact our good friend Harold (Yobokies) and get one of his awesome anvil bracelets. It's the same design as the watchadoo lump, and I'm sure you can get the finishing you're looking for - brushed.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Chris said:
You can always contact our good friend Harold (Yobokies) and get one of his awesome anvil bracelets. It's the same design as the watchadoo lump, and I'm sure you can get the finishing you're looking for - brushed.
Indeed i would go with Yobokies on this. his anvil is fully adjustable (the watchadoo is not), he sells them fully brushed, and he has them with endcaps designed to take fat bars and fit a number of different popular seiko diver cases.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Isthmus said:
Indeed i would go with Yobokies on this. his anvil is fully adjustable (the watchadoo is not), he sells them fully brushed, and he has them with endcaps designed to take fat bars and fit a number of different popular seiko diver cases.
What do you mean by not adjustable?. Mine came with three micro adjustments on the clasp. Can you please clarify?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Aurelius said:
What do you mean by not adjustable?. Mine came with three micro adjustments on the clasp. Can you please clarify?
Gabe was referring to the fact that the Anvil's links are all removable (and thus the bracelet can be fully disassembled if one wished to do so). ;D

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
UpstandingCitizen said:
Gabe was referring to the fact that the Anvil's links are all removable (and thus the bracelet can be fully disassembled if one wished to do so). ;D
Yep that's it, the anvil can be fully dissassembled into it's component pieces, so say folks with small wrists can adjust it to size; or you can modify it by coating it. The clasp is the same one used by seiko in watches like the monster or the sumo, but the added benefit that the watchadoo's don't have is that the Anvil's come with purpose built end caps so that it can be fitted to various different seiko divers while still being able to use fat springbars.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Isthmus said:
Yep that's it, the anvil can be fully dissassembled into it's component pieces, so say folks with small wrists can adjust it to size; or you can modify it by coating it. The clasp is the same one used by seiko in watches like the monster or the sumo, but the added benefit that the watchadoo's don't have is that the Anvil's come with purpose built end caps so that it can be fitted to various different seiko divers while still being able to use fat springbars.
^-^ , is it possible to get a non-Seiko clasp on yobokies anvil? tia :

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Thanks guys. So you mean the Anvil is MORE adjustable as the Doo has 3 links per side that aren't removable, the rest are.
Isthmus said:

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Aurelius said:
Thanks guys. So you mean the Anvil is MORE adjustable as the Doo has 3 links per side that aren't removable, the rest are.
Correct. but it is more than that. when modifying a bracelet by applying a coating (PVD, Ceramic or Teflon), you need the links to be disassembled or the coating will make them stick together. an anvil can be fully disassembled and allows you to do this. Such is not the case with the watchadoo.

·
Registered
82 Posts
OldHippie1968 said:
I don't know Kohym, but I'm 95% sure that the clasp from the 'doo will fit.

Cheers!
Mike
That is correct. I have a 22/20mm Watchadoo. I replaced the Watchadoo clasp with a 20mm Seiko 4-hole clasp. So, the Watchadoo and Seiko clasps are interchangeable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts