The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
New to this forum. I fell yesterday off 5 stairs and landed on my hands, somehow I managed to break the spring bar off (totally twisted now) my Seiko Chronograph watch. The watch is fine as it is a quartz movement, but is this a user replaceable part?

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Spring bars are an easy fix, but you'll need to give the model number or the eight digit/letter code from the back of the case - not the dial! It should look something like
7T92-0210 for example.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you measure the distance between the lugs in millimeters you will know what size spring bar to buy. You can pick them up from Esslinger. Just be sure to look carefully at the pictures and compare the style to the one in hand.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spring bars are an easy fix, but you'll need to give the model number or the eight digit/letter code from the back of the case - not the dial! It should look something like
7T92-0210 for example.
I see. I will take a look at it when I get back. PHEW. At least this would not cause me to change the whole strap :sleep:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum. If you measure the distance between the lugs in millimeters you will know what size spring bar to buy. You can pick them up from Esslinger. Just be sure to look carefully at the pictures and compare the style to the one in hand.
Does anyone have recommendations for UK / EU based sites that sells Seiko Springbars?

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Ebay or Cousins UK. But if you know the size/ model, we can help you further.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts