The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 4006-7011 (just acquired!) that has a broken casing spring... when acquired, it was not winding properly and when I opened the back, the casing spring had sheared and one end was sticking into the rotor. I just removed the spring and screwed the caseback on...

Can anyone tell me what the function of the casing spring is? I've looked at where it was seated and can't for the life of me tell what it was supposed to keep seated.

Also - any idea where I could get a replacement?

Thanks!

(was going to post a pic - but I don't have enough posts...)

·
Registered
9,873 Posts
Casing spring secures the movement in the case

You'll notice if you don't have a casing spring (or substitute), the movement will actually "shake" in the case.
Hi all,

I have a 4006-7011 (just acquired!) that has a broken casing spring... when acquired, it was not winding properly and when I opened the back, the casing spring had sheared and one end was sticking into the rotor. I just removed the spring and screwed the caseback on...

Can anyone tell me what the function of the casing spring is? I've looked at where it was seated and can't for the life of me tell what it was supposed to keep seated.

Also - any idea where I could get a replacement?

Thanks!

(was going to post a pic - but I don't have enough posts...)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Seller schillachi61, a well known and respected seller of seiko parts had some new old stock ones on eBay the other day. Try asking if he still had any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you!

I just ordered a replacement (2 of them actually - because I'm pretty sure I will screw at least one of them up).

v.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts