The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Caught this Seiko 5 on the Bay for a pretty low price.

Just liked the look of overall watch from the pictures. But I quickly realised it had a caseback that read 7S36-00A0, a movement signed 7S26 and a dial which says 7S36-00X4 R2 when it arrived. It had dirty lume on its hands which has lost its luminosity and the dial's indices had its lume scraped off. Probably a project watch from the seller. I can't know for sure if the parts are even authentic. Movement was running fine and keeping time though.

I decided to brighten it back up and here it is. I like it. Chunky and bold.

Still prefer my divers to be glowing in the dark.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Very Nice done

Hey its a looker, and very nice too. Why not its a Seiko right ?
You did a great job on it and now its a good watch to have and use also.
Good Joob

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
great work...looks great

·
Registered
198 Posts
Gold has never been my cup of tea ... but I must admit you've given me an itch that needs to be scratched! Looks great

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I didn't treat the dial in any way. Popped the hands off, and relumed it as neatly as I could. I did spray a layer of semi gloss clear paint on it afterwards though. It does cover some of the aging on the dial.

Haven't been able to find any reference or a watch that looks similar in my admittedly brief searches on the web, hence my suspicion that it's something that was put together.

Loved the shape and size of it from the seller's description. It's my first gold coloured watch and one with NSEW on the bezel instead of the usual dive markers. But it's growing on me. Pretty sharp on the wrist with a black strap. And I'm most glad about the fact that it'll now function fully as what a dive watch should with the lume back on.

Anyone has a clue if this model from Seiko actually exists other than the movement not being the original 7S26?

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
Im sorry to say i think its a Feiko.
Its an SNZE 81/83/85 copy,i got caught out too.
Fortunately i only paid lunch money for it.
The dial has the same numbers as yours 7s36 00x4 rs, the movement was a generic,7009 and the glass case back has the model as just 7009, there should be another 4 digits

szne.jpg

szne2.jpg

szne1.jpg

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Man oh man.... Thanks for the heads up mate!

I thought the logo font looked weird and the case back sitting a little too tall when I got it too but thanks for informing! But it's a nice watch nevertheless. Keeping time well. Won't beat myself up over this and will enjoy it, as is.

Thanks again for sharing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts