The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow members,

I just scored a nice Seiko 7016-5011 "Monaco" with original bracelet off of ebay. However, the bracelet is damaged - a pin is broken.

As it is none of the removable links, I can't see how I can fix this. Maybe open up the link (bend it open) and replace the pin with... what?

Any ideas? Or is it one for the watchmakers?

Best,

Jonas

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Well hello..i wonder how those are installed..wonder if they can be removed and a new one installed in it's place...this can't be the end for that band....we should be able to help him...

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey John, I had a hunch you'd show up when a bracelet is in need... ;)
No, this can't be the end for this band. It is nice and long (would fit a 7.5" wrist on that monaco) and quite dirty :sign0137:

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The links are folded (you can see it in the picture). I guess they are folded over a middle part that looks like a rectangle, the long sides being the pins between two links and the shorter sides the link middle parts you can see...

One would have to open up the link and replace the insert... Or drill and splint the damn thing ;)

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
well i have seen bands like this before...there must be a solution to repair this...let me see what i can find out...God Bless John
are there more links like this on the band?...

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your input. I certainly hope this is the only defective link.
If I open this up myself, I'll take pictures.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
hey at this point you have nothing to lose on the one link...as long as you take your time...i think it can be done...and hey that would be a great thread to help others...God Bless John...we all have seen stretched out bands and broken links like this

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
hey how is this going...any good news?...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts