The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seller says the bracelet on this 6119 Sushi is original. It looks worn enough to be. Anyone know if that's an accurate bracelet (coffin style I think they're called)?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Actually, It's not a coffin style. It's, what I call a diamond back. If you look closely you'll notice the links are not coffin shaped but diamond shaped.

I don't believe it's original to a Sushi diver. It is original to a 6119-6020 or 6119-6023.

If you look closely at the sellers photo you can see the end link is narrower then the case lug.

This is a Coffin link

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just went through both 1979 catalogs in the section of the board that has those, and I can't find this watch anywhere in either of them.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

·
Administrator
30,111 Posts
Actually, It's not a coffin style. It's, what I call a diamond back. If you look closely you'll notice the links are not coffin shaped but diamond shaped.

I don't believe it's original to a Sushi diver. It is original to a 6119-6020 or 6119-6023.

If you look closely at the sellers photo you can see the end link is narrower then the case lug.

This is a Coffin link
Did Seiko make a bracelet with sprung ends Tom ?

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Did Seiko make a bracelet with sprung ends Tom ?
I think some of their replacement bracelets were available with spring end links to fit a variety of cases but It's just speculation on my part having run across several of this style.

My original post was more aimed at providing an example of a coffin link rather then validating the originality of that coffin link bracelet.

·
Administrator
30,111 Posts
I think some of their replacement bracelets were available with spring end links to fit a variety of cases but It's just speculation on my part having run across several of this style.

My original post was more aimed at providing an example of a coffin link rather then validating the originality of that coffin link bracelet.
I realize that Tom but i was genuinely interested to know if those bracelets were genuine with the sprung end pieces as i have seen quite a few being sold as "NOS" and i was always a little doubtful.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I realize that Tom but i was genuinely interested to know if those bracelets were genuine with the sprung end pieces as i have seen quite a few being sold as "NOS" and i was always a little doubtful.
Sprung end pieces strike me as a hallmark of aftermarket bracelets. Although I have no specific information that leads me to this conclusion, I can't imagine Seiko would actually brand such a bracelet.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Seller says the bracelet on this 6119 Sushi is original. It looks worn enough to be. Anyone know if that's an accurate bracelet (coffin style I think they're called)?

Congratulations on the pick up. I threw a low ball bid in there since I don't really need to buy any more watches (never know when you might get lucky). It looks good, wear it in good health.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Congratulations on the pick up. I threw a low ball bid in there since I don't really need to buy any more watches (never know when you might get lucky). It looks good, wear it in good health.
I'll confess part of the reason I bid what I did was the perception it was an original to the watch bracelet. At least knowing it is age appropriate for the brand still works, but would have been bidding lower if I'd done my homework! Oh well, still 2/3 of the way there on Sushi colors.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
I'll confess part of the reason I bid what I did was the perception it was an original to the watch bracelet. At least knowing it is age appropriate for the brand still works, but would have been bidding lower if I'd done my homework! Oh well, still 2/3 of the way there on Sushi colors.
All in all it is in nice condition and will clean up nicely. You should be able to pick up a nice razor bracelet sooner or later that will complete the watch. I believe, from the photo in the catalog, that either style of razor could be considered original to that watch.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Sprung end pieces strike me as a hallmark of aftermarket bracelets. Although I have no specific information that leads me to this conclusion, I can't imagine Seiko would actually brand such a bracelet.
I do have a Seiko Coffin Link bracelet picked up from a forum member and it came with sprung end links. I have to imagine they are authentic end links from Seiko but cannot be 100% sure.

Excited to pop them on my incoming World Timer Right now looks fantastic on an old Seiko 4004 Single Quartz with straight end lugs.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts