The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Had an extra GS bracelet so I tried it on my Alpinist. It has a little gap but I think it looks acceptable. New to the forum. Tim

Welcome to SCWF! Enjoy.

I looked at buying a M0TZ111J0 for my Sarb017 but its construction leaves a lot to be desired especially at its price point - so instead I went in a different direction - purchased a Strapcode Two-Tone Jubilee. This bracelet compliments the indices on the dial and ups it game in the “Sophistication Dept.”.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@seiko_shephard, That bracelet is definitely on point, what difference it makes. I totally agree about the bracelets I felt I needed to switch out to a NATO on my Samurai.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
If you are unfamiliar w/the M0TZ111J0 it was the OEM bracelet option available on previously released 4s15 Alpinist’s...

They are available on: https://www.seiyajapan.com/collections/others/products/seiko-ss-bracelet-for-sarg005

Here is a Screenshot for your convenience...

Well, no - the 4S15 Alpinists had a 19mm Bracelet.

The SARB013 (creme) and 015 (black dial) Alpinists came on a bracelet, which is the D3A7AB. The bracelet Seiya offers is from the SARG005, which is apparently the same or very similar. The cases are also similar, but the SARG is bigger. Both share the 20mm lug width, though.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Well, no - the 4S15 Alpinists had a 19mm Bracelet.

The SARB013 (creme) and 015 (black dial) Alpinists came on a bracelet, which is the D3A7AB. The bracelet Seiya offers is from the SARG005, which is apparently the same or very similar. The cases are also similar, but the SARG is bigger. Both share the 20mm lug width, though.

Thank you for the correction Jonas.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Had an extra GS bracelet so I tried it on my Alpinist. It has a little gap but I think it looks acceptable. New to the forum. Tim
Truth be told and with respect, that's not a good fit. Why not try and find a bracelet that fits properly and feel good about it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ordered two straps, one golden tan leather and a NATO the same color. It only cost me 5 minutes of time. The strap that comes on it is quite hideous, even with the small gap it still looks much better.

·
Registered
25,449 Posts
Don't take any hits for a gap between the bracelet and watch, Look at Bonds nato on his rollie. Looks like missing teeth and there is worldwide WIS praise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some good points here, I am still evaluating the bracelet for my Alpinist. Trying out some leather options next week to replace the OEM hideous alligator strap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts