The Watch Site banner

Which do you prefer ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
30,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me a bracelet 100% of the time if possible, reasons, cleaner, safer, look better and for me much easier to take on and off the wrist.

[glow=red,2,300]ps: Also a ulterior motive for the post: I wanted to try the poll [/glow] ;D

·
Registered
197 Posts
All my watches are on either a bracelet or rubber strap, no leather. I prefer a bracelet, but the ones I have on rubber are mostly proprietary OEM rubber only.

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,744 Posts
You missed one. Nylon. I personally prefer leather and Nato/Zulu type straps to either bracelets or rubber. Much of that relates to fit. Bracelets seem to either be too large or too small. Only a few of mine have fine adjustment enough to allow a good fit. Most OEM rubber straps are uncomfortable also. Soft aftermarket silicone will often work, but for the most part it's nylon that I prefer. Leather works, too, but I work in a dirty environment, so I won't wear leather to work.

·
Registered
547 Posts
TheTigerUK said:
[glow=red,2,300]ps: Also a ulterior motive for the post: I wanted to try the poll [/glow] ;D
I use all three, but it depends on the time of year - more leather in the winter, more rubber and bracelets in the summer. I voted rubber 'cause no one had yet... ;D

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hehe those polls are fun aren't they?
[move]
8) ;D :p ;D :p 8) [/move]

I went for bracelet but a few leather straps and 2 rubbers are cool to wear depending on the occasion

·
Registered
964 Posts
Some bracelets, some leather, depending on the type the watch.
Once I couldn't make a decision wether to wear the SCVS003 on the bracelet or on leather - now I have two times the same watch! ;)
When I purchase a watch, I for sure prefer the ones, that com with an fitting bracelet, even if it might cost me a little premium. But sometimes I would just have it in drawer then and would be wearing the watch on a nice leather strap.
Example?
Here's how I received the watch:

Here's how I wear it:

Of course there are examples for the opposite way as well.

I rarely wear a watch on rubber (there are very few I do, though). I prefer Velcro or from times to times a Nato.

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I voted bracelet, as I used to be a bracelet-only guy but lately I've really been warming up to rubber straps. I'm not sure if it's the warmer weather, or if I just never gave them a fair shake, but I'm starting to really enjoy them.

I will say though, I don't ever see myself wearing leather or nylon. Ever.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bracelet if it fits. My wrist is only 6.5". The OM barely fits with all links removed and the clasp set to the tightest setting. I've purchased short leather straps for my other watches.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Axel66 said:
Some bracelets, some leather, depending on the type the watch.
Once I couldn't make a decision wether to wear the SCVS003 on the bracelet or on leather - now I have two times the same watch! ;)
When I purchase a watch, I for sure prefer the ones, that com with an fitting bracelet, even if it might cost me a little premium. But sometimes I would just have it in drawer then and would be wearing the watch on a nice leather strap.
Example?
Here's how I received the watch:

Here's how I wear it:
[img]

Of course there are examples for the opposite way as well.

I rarely wear a watch on rubber (there are very few I do, though). I prefer Velcro or from times to times a Nato.

Cheers,

Axel
[/quote]

that honey colored strap is gorgeous, Axel!!!!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Bracelet for me, almost always.
But if it's a dress watch, then, depending on the watch, you have to have leather. Rubber/plastic is only for G-Shocks and maybe divers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, I voted bracelet because that's what I mostly have and generally prefer but it depends on the watch - for a vintage hand-wind dress watch like my black dial L33 Sea Lion for example, leather is really the only way to go imo. I have a black plastic S234 Pulsemeter which was separated from it's original strap before it came to me which, after much deliberation and searching, I have a "Military black nylon" on order for; and an '07 while dial 7T94 chrono that looks and feels better on it's Bond NATO than its lower-end original bracelet which now sits unused in the parts drawer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can't vote for just one since I've gotten into band swapping more in the last year or two. My two Citizen Eco-Drives (an SST and an Eco-Zilla) and my G-Shock Riseman stay on their integrated/permanently attached bands for obvious reasons. I have three divers with drilled-through lugs--an Orient Star "Revolver", a Pulsar solar diver and a Ti Samurai--and they all see duty both on their OEM bracelets and a sweet vanilla-scented Hyper Rubber dive strap I got from St. Moritz Watch Co. My two other "main box" watches are a golden-dialed 6139-6005 and an Orient Star + Somes. The Orient Star actually has become my dress watch as the Somes strap is just too overwhelming and casual for the elegant, beautifully finished case. As a result, it rides a nice, dark brown leather strap at all times. The "Pogue" is mounted to one of Jonathan's excellent solid-link OEM reproduction bands and I just can't separate it from the watch.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I can't vote for one favourite - it really does depend on the watch and the type / quality of the strap or bracelet. For example, this solid link (vintage) bracelet looks cool imho and suits the watch very well:

But, a nice leather strap on a classic piece also looks smart to me:

Regards,
Sweephand

1 - 20 of 22 Posts