The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snagged a tan 6138 off the Bay out of South America, and when it showed up today it was sporting the original bracelet with correct endlinks.

Endlinks:

Better to be luck than good! The bracelet was in generally tired, sloppy shape. I ran it through the ultrasonic cleaner and it cleaned it up at least, and I had to swap the part of the clasp with the Seiko embossed on it (the other had the 'claws' buggered up, but I had a donor at hand so now I can at least wear it.

Scan of catalog:
http://www.thewatchsite.com/13-ads-.../139-seiko-6138-chrographs-catalog-scans.html

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Is the gap between the end link center and the bracelet end not the same?

I am wondering if the bracelet is either missing the last fixed link or maybe a the same style bracelet from a smaller watch was paired with the correct end links.

The watch head looks like a nice one.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The link that grabs the end link was very worn. I tried to tighten it up, but that metal is surprisingly un-malleable. Re: the rest of the bracelet, looks the same as in the catalog, so confident it's the right one.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Having a bracelet is a bonus, the head I'd pretty nice with a vintage patina so I would just keep them peeled for a better bracelet. Nice watch that I would be happy with too:93:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Nicely done! I was watching that one but backed off due to location (postal customs in Germany is akin to a full cavity search). Glad it's in a good home...enjoy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts