The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I only use their parts database.

I tried emailing them twice to ask if their pro only policy was flexible but they never bothered to answer.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
same here . Don't waste you time. I don't know where you are located but between Jules & Borel Otto Frei and hunting eBay and asking around you can typically find it if it exist. Some places if the part is still available you can get it right from Seiko.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
well i have never used them and no idea they were that way...

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I made an account at julesborel.com, but it is a "restricted" one and I can't order the vintage parts I need. If you guys did order at their store: Did you simply email them with what you need, or did you open a full-blown account?

Jonas

·
Special Member
1,903 Posts
JB asks for a tax resale ID to open a full account as (to my understanding) they only sell those parts to repair businesses. If I'm hurting for a part, I usually wait until I have a list and then make a large order from CousinsUK. ST Supply in Los Angeles also sells a lot of OEM gaskets that you don't normally find on Ofrei, Esslinger, etc...so that's worth keeping in mind.

I'm sure they have their reasons, but it seems like JB is missing out on some business by restricting sales to hobbyists.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
JB asks for a tax resale ID to open a full account as (to my understanding) they only sell those parts to repair businesses. If I'm hurting for a part, I usually wait until I have a list and then make a large order from CousinsUK. ST Supply in Los Angeles also sells a lot of OEM gaskets that you don't normally find on Ofrei, Esslinger, etc...so that's worth keeping in mind.

I'm sure they have their reasons, but it seems like JB is missing out on some business by restricting sales to hobbyists.
I opened up an account on Jules & Borel about a year ago. I am not a licensed jewel. I do not remember how I filled out the application for the account but I was given an account two days after I filled out the information on line. I just order a crystal a kinetic capacitor and a quartz movement from them yesterday.

Michael

·
Special Member
1,903 Posts

I opened up an account on Jules & Borel about a year ago. I am not a licensed jewel. I do not remember how I filled out the application for the account but I was given an account two days after I filled out the information on line. I just order a crystal a kinetic capacitor and a quartz movement from them yesterday.

Michael
Really!? I created an account about two months ago that lets me buy basic watch parts, but was told that to access all those OEM types of parts, I'd have to upgrade to a full account, which requires contacting accounting. When I contacted them, I was told that no resale tax ID = no full access account.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Hmmm, I even have a resale tax id - just not in the watchmaking business. Do they care? :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
H S Walsh in the UK is another source for parts.
A G Thomas used to be open to all but now they will only deal direct with the trade - correction to that - it would appear that they have changed their mind as the warning of this has disappeared. However, if you try their online shop site, you can't buy anything online!!!!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Between Jules & Borel Otto Frei Cousins and eBay I manage to find what I need. That does not mean I can get any part for any Seiko it means if the part is available one of these 4 sources will have what I need 95% of the time of all of your needs of items that are actually out there in stock somewhere. Remember on Boley's site their list is just a part number list like the watch parts list on Jules & Borel It's just a list of part numbers and had nothing to do with their actual inventory.

Michael

Michael

1 - 15 of 15 Posts