The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Special Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a completed Blackfin Tuna.
I've been working on these slowly over the past couple months.
This one was originally a 6309-7290. After sending the case off for machining {TigerUK}, it came back as a TST in standard stainless steel finish.
Case and shroud were blasted in aluminum oxide fine grade and were then coated in black pvd. The bezel, screws and crown were left in original stainless finish and coated in black pvd; providing a nice satin contrast to the dry black look of the case and shroud.
The movement is serviced/regulated and the case has been resealed and pressure tested.
Kanji day wheel added to 6309 movement. Aftermarket dial and hands with a new blue ar crystal. The bezel is an original from an SBBN007 with a GMT insert for just the right amount of red.
The end result is a flat black diver with a dry finish that has just a slight texture. Restored movement, sealed and ready for watersports.
The photos show the contrast between the satin finish of the bezel and the dry finish of the case and shroud.
All comments welcome!
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Mike I do like it- I like the red on the bezel insert but not 100% on the style of the insert
Very nice- maybe we could see a wrist shot

·
Special Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your feedback. I'm experimenting with different bezel inserts and will post more photos with a variety of inserts. I'll also be using different strap options on this one. Should have more photos in a few days.
Mike

·
Registered
83 Posts
The Blackfin Tuna looks really good in person

I got the chance to see Mike's tuna in the flesh this weekend. His Blackfin Tuna is sharp. I was really impressed. The shroud looked very precise and the matte black finish gave the watch a very cool stealth appearance. Good job Mike!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts