The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Special Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple photos of the new Blackfin bezels.
One is an original SBBN007 bezel that has been coated in black pvd.
The other is an aftermarket stock 6309-7040 bezel.
Neither bezel has an insert. I just wanted to see how the finish came out on these.
I will try to get a photo put up this weekend of one of the watches complete with bezel.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Mike. Those bezels look really good with the pvd. I can't tell from the photos how glossy or flat the finishes are. They look kind of glossy

·
Special Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Roddy.
I just did these as a trial run to see how they came out with no changes to the original metal finish of the bezel.
The SBBN007 tuna bezel {the one that has three photos}, is going into a Blackfin shrouded diver and the original finish on that bezel was a brush finish on the circumference and polished finish in the valleys.
That one is going to work out perfect as the crown and screws have the same finish and the shroud, which is totally flat, will cover enough of the bezel to keep it from standing out too much.
The other bezel {with one photo}, had a bright polished finish before coating in pvd.
That came out a bit too shiny for any of the Blackfin so I won't be able to use it.
I'll be working on more in the next few weeks. This will unfortunately make the completion of two of the mods take additional time, but the shrouded Blackfin will be ready for photos pretty soon as that bezel finish is going to work well.
Mike

·
Special Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blackfin photo update

Finally have a complete Blackfin to post.
This one will be a "Redfin" version with a red/black bezel insert and a red/black nato.
Should have the nato in a couple days and be wearing this one shortly after that.
Most of you will recognize the familiar case work from John...the coatings were completed a few days ago. It was really tough waiting for this one to be ready, but I'm pretty happy with the overall look.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts