The Watch Site banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
33,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As always it was nice to see a couple of the guys and Andy was wearing a superb Orient :).

Seiko stuff was very thin on the ground, well i dident see much but the others may have bought it all :)

I picked up a very nice rotary table complete with dividing head plates which looked as though it had done next to no work in its life so it wasent a wasted trip :)

ps: The Swiss collectors do spend some money thats for sure.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
As always it was nice to see a couple of the guys and Andy was wearing a superb Orient :).

Seiko stuff was very thin on the ground, well i dident see much but the others may have bought it all :)

I picked up a very nice rotary table complete with dividing head plates which looked as though it had done next to no work in its life so it wasent a wasted trip :)

ps: The Swiss collectors do spend some money thats for sure.

Cor! I can think of a lot of uses for one of those:93:

·
Special Member
2,430 Posts
I picked up a couple of seikos but there really wasn't very much there today

This 6309 is destined to donate it's movement at some point when i need it

And this 6139 is hiding a great dial and fully working movement under a badly scratched glass...

New glass is ordered and i'll run the watch through the ultrasonic when it lands. It's pretty gunked up and the pushers are a bit sticky.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Andy, what kind of prices did you pick them up for if you don't mind me asking? Was wondering if it would be worth my while making the trip from Cornwall to brum for a day trip to see if I can pick up some bargains on tools equipment and a few watches.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sorry I didn't get to come down. It would have been good to catch up..

Well done on your new tool.

:)

·
Administrator
33,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andy, what kind of prices did you pick them up for if you don't mind me asking? Was wondering if it would be worth my while making the trip from Cornwall to brum for a day trip to see if I can pick up some bargains on tools equipment and a few watches.
For me the fair is a 80 mile round trip and all motorway so not too great an effort but if i had traveled from Cornwall I would be quite disappointed to be honest and imo would not be worth the effort (jmo).

·
Special Member
2,430 Posts
I'd have to agree with john, I'm not convinced it would justify even the fuel costs coming up from Cornwall for the event. You can find the occasional bargain but that's about it. I paid 80 quid for the pair above which was ok but not an outstanding price.

I only live about 20 mins away so it's fine for me.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I went and picked up a 6119 6400 Seiko 5 'sport for little money, needs a glass and a balance ( ! ) but it was only £20 so no complaints, there was a ok original 6309 7040 for £160 and a quite nice Rallye ( cant remember the ref ) for £95 which looked nice, a highly polished 6138 UFO for £200 and I saw a rough but original blue 6138 ( Pogue style ) for £120 I think... So they are there, but no great bargains, I mainly go to see watches that you only really see on the internet, there is always that lovely cabinet of mil stuff that 'the ladies' show that is worth looking at, all top dollar though but some classic stuff....

·
Administrator
33,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went and picked up a 6119 6400 Seiko 5 'sport for little money, needs a glass and a balance ( ! ) but it was only £20 so no complaints, there was a ok original 6309 7040 for £160 and a quite nice Rallye ( cant remember the ref ) for £95 which looked nice, a highly polished 6138 UFO for £200 and I saw a rough but original blue 6138 ( Pogue style ) for £120 I think... So they are there, but no great bargains, I mainly go to see watches that you only really see on the internet, there is always that lovely cabinet of mil stuff that 'the ladies' show that is worth looking at, all top dollar though but some classic stuff....
Did you see the 7S26-XXXX the ladies had ? i asked how much and she told me it was a super rare Seiko dive watch :) i asked how much and it was £200, I said thats very common and its a 7S26, she checked and said in that case you can have it for £100, i thanked her but declined.

He was saying how he had been trying to sell that "Rallye" for ages.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I didnt notice that one John.
The seller if the 'Rallye' is a pretty good sort, ive had a few things off him in the past, he's pretty clued up though..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts