The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes i finally did it!!!
Went and sold one of my Grails tonight on the good old UK Bay!!!Worked for me.
Tag 1000m which as you know was a bit of a long story and a one off watch went to a very kind gent in the UK for the princely sum of £1100 UK Pounds tonight.(I know it was a great price)
My dilemma is that i now have a tidy £1000UK sitting burning a hole in my Paypal account....The other £100 is going to Amanda!!Must keep the girls sweet guys??

Now my question is:-What do i get for my money.
Do i buy one nice Seiko/Citizen Grail.
Do I buy Swiss
Or do i buy a few for the same amount.
My mind is open for suggestions as personally i have only a few in mind which are:-
Seiko MM 300M
Seiko MM 1000M Darth Tuna
Oris 1000m Diver

Help me find the light at the end of the tunnel.
Over to you my WIS Buddies.Neilo.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
thianwong said:
I have been spreading my watch porfolio and just in negotiations for the Omega X-33 ! :))
Great watch! Always liked those. I thought they were out of production.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Time said:
Great watch! Always liked those. I thought they were out of production.
Yes, they are out of consumer production as of 2006, but still open to astronauts and pilots, I have read.
Mine comes from an original USA pilot group buy for his squadron, all papers included! a rare find and thanks to my friend who is releasing it to me!

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
TheNeilo(AqualandKing) said:
Yes i finally did it!!!
Went and sold one of my Grails tonight on the good old UK Bay!!!Worked for me.
Tag 1000m which as you know was a bit of a long story and a one off watch went to a very kind gent in the UK for the princely sum of £1100 UK Pounds tonight.(I know it was a great price)
My dilemma is that i now have a tidy £1000UK sitting burning a hole in my Paypal account....The other £100 is going to Amanda!!Must keep the girls sweet guys??

Now my question is:-What do i get for my money.
Do i buy one nice Seiko/Citizen Grail.
Do I buy Swiss
Or do i buy a few for the same amount.
My mind is open for suggestions as personally i have only a few in mind which are:-
Seiko MM 300M
Seiko MM 1000M Darth Tuna
Oris 1000m Diver

Help me find the light at the end of the tunnel.
Over to you my WIS Buddies.Neilo.

I think your decision has already been made.

Turn up the chroma on your screen and look carefully at the sign on the right side of that tunnel...it says "Caution: Seiko Ahead"; so it's obvious you should be getting the Oris :D

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
We can't tell you which watch to get.

I'd get a Sea Dweller (if I had the extra US$2k), or a MM300.

But get whichever watch you've been lusting after for a while.

And post pics and a review when it arrives! :)

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Couldn't agree more with this. Personally I would take a Doxa over the MM, a hard thing to say for a die hard Seikoholic like myself....

LUW said:
Either a MM300 or a Doxa. Open up your horizons.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Get a MM300,its a versatile watch,whether as a daily casual wearer or to a good night out :)

I wouldnt mind a SBDX011 too ,if I have the bucks but this watch is definitely not a daily wearer for me,simply too much attention and hazards to other passerby. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
how bout a vote from the gals??? ;) after looking at your choices, i like the mm300 the best, :-* second would the the darth.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Problem seems to be the MM is very thin on the ground and hard to find.I do like the watch dont get me wrong and ive had one on my wrist which belonged to Peter Boggiano as we compared it with my Orient Star.Smaller than i thought but is it a better buy than say the Marine master Darth as i like them big. ;)

TakesALickin said:
Ditto to all the suggestions for a MarineMaster300. You'll absolutely love this watch!

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
John i never got anywhere near enough to sort that problem out!!!!
Thats going to take 12 million minimum and thats just to ger rid of a non English speaking Italian manager.Then of course theres the 11 overpaid ball kickers to sort out.
Think i will jut settle on buying a watch John...LoL.

TheTigerUK said:
A donation to the England Football Youth Training Academy would be good ?? :)

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^-^ ken,looks like the MM seems to be the front runner so far yet i do have a soft spot for the Oris 1000m and the Darth Tuna.Only because i like my watches Bigger than the MM.

kenny said:
Niel! go for ths MM 300. You have to have one at least once!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts