The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening
I have rediscovered a very sentimental Lorus 'Divers' watch model Y572-8000 that I bought new in 1984 with one of my first wage packets.
I remember wearing it to the beach that summer, but the bezel must have popped of when swimming, I was gutted! I should have contacted Lorus for a replacement bezel back in the day, but when you're young, a cheap watch is a disposable item.
Anyway, I've gone far enough down memory lane, can anyone assist with finding a replacement bezel please?
Cheers

·
Special Member
1,886 Posts
If no one on the forum has one, the best chance I can think of is to set up an eBay notification and see if one surfaces that that you can use for parts.

On the plus side, the first thing that came up when I Googled your watch indicates that Matthew McConaughey wore one on True Detective, so at least you've got a watch from a Grammy-winning character. Also, living without the bezel could put you in the same camp as Brando!

http://rolexblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/marlon-brando-rolex-gmt-master-from.html?m=1

·
Registered
183 Posts
Borel may stock them there is a rotating ring (part#86310143) listed on their site for for that case # under $20.00 before shipping and handling, cousins may stock the same part.

·
Special Member
1,886 Posts
Man, nice work Northdock. I tried to look it up in the Borel site but only came up with movement parts.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
well that is a beautiful watch and well worth getting the right bezel for it...Glad to have you with us...please let us know if you find one...and if you can not...please let us know and we will try and help find you one too...God Bless John

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am in the UK, so thought I would give Cousins a try, i submitted a quote request, but it came back as obsolete from them.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
hey did they give you a part number?...i have a lot of old pulsar and lorus parts...who knows i might have something and if you can get the part number we can try and find one for you too...God Bless John

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi John
Thank you. They didn't provide a part number, but it is believed to be 86310143, so if you have a chance to look that would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rob

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
well i will gladly look....and have added you to my list of parts i look for daily...if i can help..i will let you know...God Bless John...

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
just sent you a pm...i might have what you need...God Bless John

·
Registered
546 Posts
If no one on the forum has one, the best chance I can think of is to set up an eBay notification and see if one surfaces that that you can use for parts.

On the plus side, the first thing that came up when I Googled your watch indicates that Matthew McConaughey wore one on True Detective, so at least you've got a watch from a Grammy-winning character. Also, living without the bezel could put you in the same camp as Brando!

http://rolexblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/marlon-brando-rolex-gmt-master-from.html?m=1
Was it a lorus? I saw some debate on it but was convinced he was wearing a citizen because of the windfarer rubber strap

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
well if you can find a pic of how it should look...that would be very helpful too..i wonder if any seiko or pulsar might work too?...

·
Special Member
1,886 Posts
Was it a lorus? I saw some debate on it but was convinced he was wearing a citizen because of the windfarer rubber strap

That seems to be what most people had thought (myself included) - but there is a blog post somewhere (just google True Detective and Lorus) where a guy actually contacted the prop manager for the show who confirmed it was a Lorus. Gotta appreciate someone who bypasses all the speculation and goes straight to the source!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts