The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as i am gathering parts to finish this watch...i have had some problems acquiring the right bezel....i ran across this one and have never seen it before...what do you all think?..i want a very unique bezel...and tuna bezels seem to be very hard to find...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
What are you using as your base watch?

That bezel has the shape of the old Pulsar 100 / 150M divers and a Seiko that I just can't place at this time.

It is unlikely that the entire bezel will fit a 6309 or SKX based case.

EDIT: found it.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well i am using that 6309 7290 TST from TigerUK...that was my thoughts...it looks like maybe from a smaller watch...like a mid size...thank you for info...appreciate it....here is some examples of what i would like to find

Attachments

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it looked familiar to me too...i just can not place it...

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey Cdgod..would that fit on a 6309 seiko?...that looks like a smaller model

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
What are you using as your base watch?

That bezel has the shape of the old Pulsar 100 / 150M divers and a Seiko that I just can't place at this time.

It is unlikely that the entire bezel will fit a 6309 or SKX based case.

EDIT: found it.

Photo Shamefully Stolen from the archives.......:sleep:

I can check the size after work this evening if you like John

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well any help will so be appreciated..this watch deserves a great bezel...what i have so wanted is pics of Jonathan's work..showing what he would have used in pieces and parts..i am told he was a innovator...doing mods before most ever did...he inspired so many...i just want to make sure what i do...is something i know he would have liked...

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I don't think this style would suit - as it tapers near the insert the gap between that and the shroud would not look right
Just my 2p's worth

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Those tuna bezels pics - the first one SBBN017 will fit a 6309 diver, rob at monsterwatches might be able to get you one. I don't think either of the golden tuna (7549, 7C46) bezels will fit. I'm not sure about the last one, I think I've seen a 7549-7010 tuna with a 6309 bezel. so the other way should work?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Photo Shamefully Stolen from the archives.......:sleep:

I can check the size after work this evening if you like John
Actually it was shamelessly stolen from a quick Google search :67:

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i did not think the original bezel would work...but it looked different ...i was not sure which tuna one would fit...thank you for clarifying...i would have got the wrong one for sure...and will check with Rob too...and i love the 6105 bezel...they are my favorite...and like hens teeth to find too...love that TST...hey thanks for finding the bezel too...i am glad you recognized it Cdgod

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey i had not thought of that bezel...i remember seeing a old thread where Isthmus made the 6106 Porthole..i wonder how that would look...too bad i dont have one to try...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts