The Watch Site banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
re

Guys,

Just measured an original SKX007 insert and the O.D. is 38.13mm and that's with a brand new Mitutoyo, I will wait to hear from Harold/Yobokies. :)

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I will have to do some work then too. I have several Seiko Sports models as well as diver models that are not as popular as the typical 6309 7002 and 7S26 models that are completely ignored by the aftermarket. One being the 7546 quartz diver. The other is the large range of 6309 powered Sports models Seiko made with rotating bezels that are very nice watches but can not be restored properly because there are no bezel inserts that fit and no one makes them. I will get the dimensions up when I get a chance. I am seriously thinking of making a couple of these myself.
When it comes down to it we are talking about a thin ring of aluminum with paint on it. Once I design the mask on the computer its just a mater of printing them out on adhesive backed paper and then cutting the masks out. Then the sky is the limit as to any custom color or pattern. My 40 years of experience at scale model building will be very useful when I get to finally making these neglected inserts.

Michael

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
hey i need a insert that measures 36 mm outside and 31mm inside in black any ideas?...God Bless John

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
5126 sports divers 37.50 OD x 31.50 ID

6309-836X 35.75 OD x 31.00 ID

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
well thank you Sam....really appreciate it...God Bless John

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bezel for Seiko 7625-8260

Hi, I’m new in the forum. So I have this beautiful old watch. It’s Seiko Sportsmatic 7625-8260. The watch is in good condition and keeps accurate time. The disappointing thing is that the bezel has two cracks. One (minor) is on 18 minutes. The other is much noticeable - on 23 minutes. I looked anywhere to find part number of this bezel, or bezel from other model that will fit, but found nothing. The crystal for this watch is 325W05AN and is 32.72mm. The OD of the bezel is 36.1mm. If somebody could help me, I'd be grateful!
Alex
P.S. This is my first post, that's why I can't link a picture.:undecided:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi, I’m new in the forum. So I have this beautiful old watch. It’s Seiko Sportsmatic 7625-8260. The watch is in good condition and keeps accurate time. The disappointing thing is that the bezel has two cracks. One (minor) is on 18 minutes. The other is much noticeable - on 23 minutes. I looked anywhere to find part number of this bezel, or bezel from other model that will fit, but found nothing. The crystal for this watch is 325W05AN and is 32.72mm. The OD of the bezel is 36.1mm. If somebody could help me, I'd be grateful!
Alex
P.S. This is my first post, that's why I can't link a picture.:undecided:
Try hunting around this site.

http://www.dagazwatch.com/apps/webstore/products/category/12255?page=1

(Better late than never).

·
Registered
4,790 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
It may be lost with all this foolishness with photobucket

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
I will have to do some work then too. I have several Seiko Sports models as well as diver models that are not as popular as the typical 6309 7002 and 7S26 models that are completely ignored by the aftermarket. One being the 7546 quartz diver. The other is the large range of 6309 powered Sports models Seiko made with rotating bezels that are very nice watches but can not be restored properly because there are no bezel inserts that fit and no one makes them. I will get the dimensions up when I get a chance. I am seriously thinking of making a couple of these myself.
When it comes down to it we are talking about a thin ring of aluminum with paint on it. Once I design the mask on the computer its just a mater of printing them out on adhesive backed paper and then cutting the masks out. Then the sky is the limit as to any custom color or pattern. My 40 years of experience at scale model building will be very useful when I get to finally making these neglected inserts.

Michael
Printed an overlay for a 6309-836A last night, I've been spraying it with layers of clear coat to build it up. As far as I can tell mine cannot be replaced, or at least not easily. The insert has no foundation to adhere to, it looks like it is held in by a crimped edge from the bezel itself and has no 'shelf' under it. 36 O.D and 32 I.D. (maybe off by a 1/10 mm or so) I wish I had a micrometer to get an exact measurement.

EDIT: Quick question if anyone knows. Would the inner bezel (chapter ring) be the same as a standard 6009 diver?

You can see the underside in this picture, there is no bezel under the insert to adhere a new one to. It looks like it's crimped on by the edge of the bezel ring and that's all that holds it in (or it's actually the bezel and insert is 1 piece but it doesn't look like it)

21 - 39 of 39 Posts