The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Frustrated by the difficulty in obtaining bezel inserts for your restoration/mod watches? :banghead:

Me too!

So I've begun to put a comprehensive size chart together:

My idea is to put on all of the readily available bezel inserts (original or aftermarket) available on the bay and also as full a list of the Seiko inserts that we have (or want).
This should make it much easier for everyone to find what they want.

Here's the bit where you can all help out...anyone with size details for inserts, Seiko or otherwise, add them to the thread and I'll put them into the table. When it's complete I'll host it on my website (and maybe we can find a permanent home for it here somewhere?)

Let's see how it goes...

Alex

·
Registered
25,662 Posts
Superb effort :great: This is what it is all about :bravo_2:

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Great information, thank you.

I will get you the 6217 insert sizes this evening unless someone else chimes in with them first. I know from discussions with another forum member a while ago that there is some discrepancy in the sizes of this insert. These discrepancies aren't large per se, but apparently can be significant when trying to install them.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Good idea. one word on the SBBN007 Tuna Can Inserts. they are actually about half a MM longer in diameter than the ones used in base model divers. IN order to fit one to a base model diver the edge has to be sanded down a tiny bit.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone who chimes in, it can only be of help to all of us.

Gabe, do you mean that the SBBN007 is a bit larger in diameter, or smaller if it needs filing? - is is the internal diameter your talking about?...exact measurements would be great if anyone has calipers...

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just put a SXK007 insert on my SBBN007 bezel, and it didn't snap in like the original Tuna insert, but went in very easy, so I had to secure it with some GS Hypo cement, so I can confirm that the Tuna insert is a bit larger (I'd guess more like 0.1 or 0.2mm) than the SKX one.

-Marin

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
axb said:
Gabe, do you mean that the SBBN007 is a bit larger in diameter, or smaller if it needs filing? - is is the internal diameter your talking about?...exact measurements would be great if anyone has calipers...
I meant the exterior diameter of the SBBN007's stainless steel bezel insert a about half a millimeter greater than that of the inserts used in the 7s26-0020/9 divers. Neither is a drop in swap into the other. To swap a SBBN007 insert into a 7s26-0020/9 you have to file the insert down a little. To fit a 7s26-0020/9 insert into a SBBN007, you often (not always) have to add some kind of adhesive in order to keep it static.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Sorry, got to measure the 6217-8000 insert tonight.

Outside Diameter: 37.00mm
Internal Diameter: 31.75mm

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've made a couple of changes to the chart - they should be visible in the first post.

I'd love to add more if anyone can help.

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
Ref 4205 insert sizes - the figures shown (29.4 x 22.7) are for the small (4205-014*) size diver. The mid size (4205-015*) is approximately 33.5 x 27.5.

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
this is a excellent idea..great job

1 - 20 of 39 Posts