The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo,I bought a Seiko solar Diver's SNE107 but I don't like its seastar bezel...
I tried to put my Seiko SKX007 bezel on it but it doesn't fit.
Where can I find an alternate bezel for my watch?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I haven't measured the bezels but judging purely by crystal diameter which itself may well have a relationship to bezel size I'm suggesting :

Seiko "Knight"
Skx031/33 (but this has the click ball )
Snzg45

I'm finding the removal of the bezel on the SNE107 a bit difficult.Doesn't want to come off using my normal prying method .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Eureka!!

Well almost as they're not in production yet .

http://murphymanufacturing.com/seiko_bezel_3050.html

Maybe a good idea to Email Dave Murphy to express an interest .
There is no ratchet action on this but that would not worry me as I think it looks very good .The basic watch has a lot of good features for me , accuracy, pick up and go ,great lume ,a strong case and drilled lugs .I have a black one and a S/S one ,both have slightly domed sapphire crystals .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Domed for SNE

djuljon...What domed sapphire crystals fit the SNE107? I think the SNE107 has a 30mm crystal which might mean something that would be made for a SKX031 or SKX779. Any ideas? I suppose you sourced these crystals from yobokies?

I have contacted Murphy for one of his bezels when they are in production (he'll let me know). I already have a 1-12 bezel insert for a 007 that will fit his bezel. The domed sapphire would complete the watch (in my opinion). Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
djuljon...What domed sapphire crystals fit the SNE107? I think the SNE107 has a 30mm crystal which might mean something that would be made for a SKX031 or SKX779. Any ideas? I suppose you sourced these crystals from yobokies?

I have contacted Murphy for one of his bezels when they are in production (he'll let me know). I already have a 1-12 bezel insert for a 007 that will fit his bezel. The domed sapphire would complete the watch (in my opinion). Thanks!
Hi Dennis .Yes the crystals came from Harold and were purchased originally for either an SKX031/33 or a Knight ,I can't remember .
I see you contacted Dave Murphy - that's good.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The new bezel is on its way to me .However I'm not looking forward to removing the existing one .Any tips would be welcome .I should say that I'm quite capable of removing most bezels but this one looks a tough one .For a start there is no gap at all between the bezel and case where one could introduce a blade or a tool from from the Victorinox jeweller's multi tool
Dave Murphy warns about this in fairness to him.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. Was the bezel from Dave? I am looking for a bezel replacement too. Was also curious if a skx007 bezel fit my skn109

Many thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have two SNE107's with Murphy bezels. The first one was tough to get off (the original bezel that is) and I scratched the case a bit on the three side. I did the other one last night and it went much better. I positioned the blade on the 10 side, and pushed the bezel from the opposite side (4 pushing towards ten) in order to compress the O ring as much as possible. I got the bezel off easier, still with a tiny scratch on the 9 side but not too bad. I'll post pics soon. One is diver's insert black/blue, and the other a 1-12. Both look really nice.

One interesting note is both SNE107's came with different steel bracelets. I like both, but totally different styles.

No Ben, if you're asking about the SNE109, the 007 bezel won't work.

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Great, the bezels are on sale. I like the SNE107 with its submariner case with the crown at 3 o'clock and quartz solar ready to go movement. I sold my first one because of the standard bezel but now I am getting another. Thanks to Dave Murphy.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just ordered a SNE107 on EBay for $167 and ordered a Murphy Bezel. Have quite a few bezel inserts laying around. Guess this will be my Christmas present to myself. Christmas came early this year!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ok. I got mine yesterday. Very nice for an affordable watch. Dial has a really cool deep satin sheen No lines or translucency indicating the solar aspect of the watch. I like the bracelet a lot. the middle shiny parts are separate an come out when sizing. Collars are correctly in the middle of the link rather than at the end. End links are folded yet very crisp. I have a Seiko 5 I got a year or two ago that makes me think Seiko has really gotten this better worked out. I can live with folded end links because it makes the watch less top heavy. The SNE107 bracelet rattles about as much as my 2004ish Rolex Sub LV bracelet - solid end links by the way. I put a 18mm Marinemaster like bracelet clasp on it (the one that is titanium and stainless that came on some kinetic originally I think. Got the clasp from Monster Rob a long time ago).

My day/date seems well aligned. Saturday is a weird dark blue color which I can't read but which I always will know is Saturday from now on regardless of what condition I wake up on Saturday.

Murphy Bezel ordered and tracking... I also just ordered from DAGAZ the bezel insert shown on the watch below which will push me away from ISO since there is no lumed pip but should look nice. My logic there is the Murphy bezel is not unidirectional so I have stepped away from a total true diver, so I may as well go for the look I want over function. I generally like to stay with all Seiko parts (not an absolute) and keep the full diver function although going into a friend's pool is about as much diving as I do.

Pictured originally posted by mcnabbanov on watchuseek.

Finally. Yobokies says a Monster sapphire bezel works on this. He has domed and flat with Cyclops I think. I have an old flat one where I popped off the Cyclops for a project I never followed up on. OEM Hardlex is flat. Will have to contemplate domed vs flat sapphire vs using what I already have vs spending more money. For now I am going to stay with the OEM Hardlex until a bad enough scratch comes along :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ok. Got one Murphy bezel and another on the way. Here are what it looks like on the sne107 and sne109 given the bezels I had around. Sorry. I was playing around swapping things out more than trying to take good pictures -

The black is a slam dunk home run. Bezel removal and install was not a slam dunk. Difficult. One piece of advice is to lubricate both sides upon install and not just the bezel/gasket side. In my case gasketcide has occurred and I ordered some more from somewhere.

The orange is not skx011j orange or Doxa orange. Looks kind of like faded golden orange behind translucent material orange. The gold skx011j bezel I had left over from a mod of that watch really evens out the orange dial and makes it work for some reason in my opinion. I was on the fence with the orange sne109 using a Murphy bezel wth a regular skx007 insert. Was contemplating a fixed plain Murphy bezel on the orange. Think would have been a nice minimal look but I am generally not a fan of a fixed bezel on what is clearly a dive watch dial/case. Will keep it as it is and wear it a fair amount I think. Has a cool retro all OEM except the actual bezel look.

Another rotating Murphy bezel is on its way for full time use in the black dialed sne107. Will likely use an skx007 insert with a sub-like pip installed or the dagaz insert like the one I posted above which is still in the mail.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ok. Got my other Murphy bezel for my sne107 yesterday. Borrowed/stole the clean non pipped 60-10-20-30-40-50 insert idea. Mimicry is the ultimate form of flattery :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts