The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to post this, would like to share with everyone what happened to me.

I purchased a SNM035 from ebay (
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260582269485), and when I received it, it was not as it was described (lume markers oxidised, lume on hands turned yellow).

After which, I immediately contacted the seller, who promised to sell me a brand new piece at a discounted price if I keep the old watch. I agreed, and he said to pay directly via paypal, thus I did.

Last week, I checked the tracking and it indicated that it got sent back to the seller. When I asked him, he avoided the issue saying he forgot to include some details.

Thus I let it slide. After that, the seller went MIA, and after 5 E-Mails, I left him a negative feedback on ebay regarding the 1st purchase. The seller then E-Mailed me and blasted me, and indicated in his email "BUT IT IS A LITTLE TOO LATE NOW, HOWEVER I AM NOT WORRIED. YOU'LL SEE WHY. "

I just received the package today, and when I first held it, it felt very light. When I opened it, it was just an empty watch box. The weight on the declaration form was Zero pounds too. This is proof that the seller meant to cheat.

I have made many purchases and transactions on paypal, and this is the 1st time this has ever happened to me.

I have since filed a paypal claim today, and I hope that I will be able to get back my $ from this fraudulent seller soon.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
WOW What a spectacular POS. Please post all his contact information so that people are able to recognize him should he show up on eBay under a different name.

BTW, you might want to send eBay a copy of all the correspondence with this guy and file a claim with them as well. you might also want to submit a dispute with your credit card company (assuming your PP account is backed by a credit card). Get this jerked kicked off of eBay for this stunt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isthmus said:
WOW What a spectacular POS. Please post all his contact information so that people are able to recognize him should he show up on eBay under a different name.

BTW, you might want to send eBay a copy of all the correspondence with this guy and file a claim with them as well. you might also want to submit a dispute with your credit card company (assuming your PP account is backed by a credit card). Get this jerked kicked off of eBay for this stunt.
thanks for the reply.

i filed a claim through ebay and paypal, waiting for them to contact me.

i believe the credit card company won't care as it's still under my name, and I also paid for it already. sigh.

this is the contact details:

http://stores.ebay.com/Its-Time-For-Watches/About-Us.html
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
lunasonata said:
i believe the credit card company won't care as it's still under my name, and I also paid for it already. sigh.
Actually your CC company cares the most of all. When Paypal and eBay often drop the ball and either don't resolve in your favor or can't recover your funds, the credit card company will refund your money and will take it out of ebay/paypal. It is often best (and much faster) to go through them rather than wait for eBay/Paypal (which is a process that can take months). File claims with all of them but focus your efforts on your CC company.

BTW, since this seller is local to NYC, you can file charges against them with the NYC police department, file a complaint with the local BBB, and probably even file against them in NYC small claims court. I'm sure the local WISs would love to go to their shop an inquire as to the reason for the empty box.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Isthmus said:
Actually your CC company cares the most of all. When Paypal and eBay often drop the ball and either don't resolve in your favor or can't recover your funds, the credit card company will refund your money and will take it out of ebay/paypal. It is often best (and much faster) to go through them rather than wait for eBay/Paypal (which is a process that can take months). File claims with all of them but focus your efforts on your CC company.

BTW, since this seller is local to NYC, you can file charges against them with the NYC police department, file a complaint with the local BBB, and probably even file against them in NYC small claims court. I'm sure the local WISs would love to go to their shop an inquire as to the reason for the empty box.
ahhh from what i heard locally (in Singapore), the credit card companies don't care..they just want to be paid. hopefully the ebay/paypal route works for me i guess.

i'm from Singapore by the way, can i still file a case in NYC? thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
What a loser! Geez, whats wrong with people these days. Make sure to print and save all the emails and submit it to paypal/ebay. Keep the box and watch box for proof. Also I'm sure you can google online internet fraud, and read on how to file if you're in another country. If I have time today I'll do some research for you. Best of luck and keep us in the loop.

KVN
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
lunasonata said:
ahhh from what i heard locally (in Singapore), the credit card companies don't care..they just want to be paid. hopefully the ebay/paypal route works for me i guess.

i'm from Singapore by the way, can i still file a case in NYC? thanks!
The credit card companies might be operating in singapore, but they are ultimately based out of the US (even if the issuing bank is not). Trust me, they care about CC fraud and have no qualms about reverting charges on fraudulent claims. As for the claims, I'm sure you still can. don't know if a local person can file a complaint for you though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear that and I hope things work out in your favor. Thank you for the heads up!

Stan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Hey sorry to hear this.
there are lots of dishonest people on ebay.

but I have to point out a few things, this seems a little absurd.

I never bid on anything without an actual pic of the item being listed.
why would anyone do that. For that matter if the pics are suspect I usually pass by.

then why would you want to buy another item from the seller who just misrepresented the first item you purchased???
I mean he is not exactly playing by the rules.

I never try to make deals with sellers or buyers, I simply report to Paypal- Its the best way , and its what paypal asks you to do, as silly as that is and ebay doesn't help out with any thing like that.

when you stop using the official ebay reply with yellow button system - and revert to personal email, IM or anything but ebay communication - ebay does not care what happens to you and pretty much says so.

going thru your credit card is likely the best choice, and or paypal.

Small claims court is not so hard, but you might need to do it in person,
or have someone do it for you.


Not to be a jerk, and I do feel your pain, but I have to just point out some things here that make no sense.
ebay always has potential for being taken advantage of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,146 Posts
Looking at the seller's site, it appears that he advertised a money-back guarantee. While I realize that "hindsight is always clearer then foresight" it appears, from what I read, that your troubles began when you agreed to keep the misrepresented watch rather than insisting on returning it for a refund. If the seller had refused to take a misrepresented watch back and offer a refund as advertised, it would seem that your position with eBay would have been stronger, especially when, from reading the seller's feedback, he has misrepresented items before. But with the introduction of a "side" transaction, I can understand why eBay might seek to duck any responsibility. JMHO. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Isthmus said:
The credit card companies might be operating in singapore, but they are ultimately based out of the US (even if the issuing bank is not). Trust me, they care about CC fraud and have no qualms about reverting charges on fraudulent claims. As for the claims, I'm sure you still can. don't know if a local person can file a complaint for you though.
okay thanks i am calling my credit card company now.

wonder if anyone could help me file a complaint?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kmcnyc said:
Hey sorry to hear this.
there are lots of dishonest people on ebay.

but I have to point out a few things, this seems a little absurd.

I never bid on anything without an actual pic of the item being listed.
why would anyone do that. For that matter if the pics are suspect I usually pass by.

then why would you want to buy another item from the seller who just misrepresented the first item you purchased???
I mean he is not exactly playing by the rules.

I never try to make deals with sellers or buyers, I simply report to Paypal- Its the best way , and its what paypal asks you to do, as silly as that is and ebay doesn't help out with any thing like that.

when you stop using the official ebay reply with yellow button system - and revert to personal email, IM or anything but ebay communication - ebay does not care what happens to you and pretty much says so.

going thru your credit card is likely the best choice, and or paypal.

Small claims court is not so hard, but you might need to do it in person,
or have someone do it for you.


Not to be a jerk, and I do feel your pain, but I have to just point out some things here that make no sense.
ebay always has potential for being taken advantage of.
ahhh the thing is i dealt with the seller before, i guess now he's trying his luck since I was nice the 1st time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
normdiaz said:
Looking at the seller's site, it appears that he advertised a money-back guarantee. While I realize that "hindsight is always clearer then foresight" it appears, from what I read, that your troubles began when you agreed to keep the misrepresented watch rather than insisting on returning it for a refund. If the seller had refused to take a misrepresented watch back and offer a refund as advertised, it would seem that your position with eBay would have been stronger, especially when, from reading the seller's feedback, he has misrepresented items before. But with the introduction of a "side" transaction, I can understand why eBay might seek to duck any responsibility. JMHO. :(
sigh i was too trusting of that bugger. hopefully ebay/paypal does something soon!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Most unfortunate experience for you. The actions of the seller appear to be most vindictive and dishonest. It's sounds like he has recalled his package, taken the watch out and resent it after you left negative feedback.

As Isthmus explained, your credit card provider is your best friend in these circumstances, regardless of what you have been led to believe. My advice would be to go through the process with ebay and paypal and if necessary file for a charge back with your credit card provider.

I've had to make 2 claims on PayPal for items I've purchased in the U.S. after the ebay sellers "disappeared". Paypal responded back on each occasion claiming there was no money in the seller's account so there was nothing they could do. On complaining to my credit card provider, the full amount of each payment was immediately credited to my account pending the outcome of their investigation.

I think most of the credit card companies have an "online guarantee" so you can "shop in confidence". I think you will be required to return the items but I would be keeping photos in relation to that and ensuring that it is adequately tracked so there is no claim at the other end that you did not return it or returned it in a damaged state.

Good luck and would like to hear the end result. :)
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top