The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my wife swiped my nearly NOS Pepsi bezel 7002-7039 one day and commented how it was definitely her favorite because of the bezel. However, my wife has very small wrists so the 7002 was absolutely massive on her small arm. After that, I began looking for a little (pun intended) project for her our anniversary (LAST OCTOBER!).

I came across this 4205-014B with a very low BIN price and what looked to be a pretty good foundation for a project. What I liked about the 4205 was that it was automatic but also hand-winding.

Clearly, someone wasn't a fan of the original bezel insert. When I received the watch, the dial was flawless but the lume on the hands was falling off. I had hoped it would remain, but alas it wasn't meant to be!

As I started restoring it, I found that service parts like crystals are basically obsolete and I could really only get what I needed by buying a donor watch. Never one to give up easily, I re-finished the case, buffed the crystal, and re-lumed the hands. I was able to finish the project in time for my wife's first mother's day, which I think made it even more special. Here's the outcome:

She had forgotten I bought this one for her (!!) but was overjoyed with it. It looks like the movement may need a little work, but for now, she's a happy camper!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I can actually see a huge smile on your wife's face :) !! Bravo !! :13:

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
great job again..you do exceptional work...happy wife happy life....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Really nice work and a lovely thought. I have a similar issue with spousal watch-swiping and now tend to look for them in pairs - other than divers she tends to pull off the same sizes as me due to my smallish wrists.

Just wish seiko had done a mid-size equivalent of their cushion case divers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
i just got one for the nephew...hope mine comes out that nice...looks amazing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts