The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I saw a picture of the Debaufre Ocean-1 and fell in love with the watch immediately and this is maybe because many years ago I had a Submariner that unfortunately got stolen. I am not wanting to spend too much on my watch hobby anymore, so I ask all...what may be considered as the best homage watch for the $$ invested? We all know the price for the R...x, and the Ocean-1 goes for about $500.00, but I would like suggestions with approx. pricing and pictures if possible. I would prefer automatics but Quartz is OK. Pricing by bracket would be fine $0 to $100, $101 to $200, etc... Mind you, I am not looking for any fakes, just for Homage or look alikes with their own appropriate brand.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
What about a Steinhart?

I fell in love with this Ocean 1 Vintage Red. Pretty nice for $359.20 with a 2824-2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the sub $100 range you could look at Alpha. They make some interesting looking homages based upon Chinese movements. For a bit more money ($350 range depending upon options) I would recommend OWC (formerly known as Orange Watch Company). They are making some excellent homages of some of the more historical / classic designs. I'll also second the Steinhart watch suggestion. I haven't personally handled one, but there are some good reviews out there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tigersharks are pretty nice.. 39mm, 300m, saphire crystal, solid bracelet, eta 2824 movement. They come up for sale every now and then around ~$300.

It's the one with the fully indexed bezel. I have mkii dial/hands in it. The other homage is a Chronotac, pretty nice too.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I like this cheeky interpretation by Mr Ken Sato of RXW Watch.

Pic is by a forumer on TZ. :)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Here's an Ocean 1 39 mm with a Yao dial. If memory serves, I picked it up used in like-new condition for well under $300. I'm not sure what the Yao dials are selling for these days, but I'd estimate $30-$40.

·
Registered
547 Posts
JoseJMartinez said:
what may be considered as the best homage watch for the $$ invested?
I'll throw in a vote for the Sandoz. I've owned a couple and both were purchased used for under $150 each. I bought an Alpha Coke bezel GMT for my brother in law, and each time I see him I'm impressed with how good the watch looks for only about $50.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like a lot of the offerings from this company. Like Revue the pricing seems very fair and a lot of the models are quite fetching. 8)

I like my Revue. Elements of Sub (3 O'Clock crown, cyclops) which Omega elements as well (hands and indices):

toxicavenger said:
A custom Debaufre that MCWW built for me.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Interesting. These Orient watches look almost the same as Rolex submariner...

[/u]

[quote=ezcheese]
What about this Orient model?

[img]

[img]
[/quote]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Alpha. Prett well built for ~$70. Only thing lacking is the clasp in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I would like to know too. Besides, that one is a bit far from homage and too close to rip-off in my eyes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts