The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we all drool over the "Best watch you picked up in 2014" post I thought it may be an idea to widen the scope a little to encourage postings by members with watches that may not be quite up to those standards but represent a good buy.
I will start the ball rolling with three.
My best bargain has to be the Ulsee Nardin knockoff automatic with manual wind, hacking etc which cost me 2 GBP.
The other two are both LM's which both came in around 20 GBP or less in fully working condition.
There were several others as well and of course a few that weren't such good buys.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Nice topic,some nice bargains you got there.:eusa_clap:

Picked up two zeniths from the fleamarkets here in Belgium this summer.

The zenith Sporto was 3€ wasnt running the mainspring was broken and missed some teeth from the mainspring barrel total costs include full service 113€ :)

The zenith defy was also a non runner but was able to fix it myself,the rotor was loose and the 2 screws that hold it where in the movement.
When they came out the movement start running;) Cost 40€

DSC02518.jpg
DSC02493.jpg

·
Special Member
2,985 Posts
I picked this up for silly money as a non runner and missing crown- new movement and crown fitted and a set of ok aftermarket hands.
It's for the chop though too small for my wrist really

·
"The Prospector"
4,692 Posts
I had 3 'best buys'. First off, it was my LM purchased off of ebay, the second, was my Casio G Shock Atomic Solar,, from a charity shop for 4.99 GBP and the third was my Traser, bought from the same charity shop for 20.00 GBP, I just hope 2015 proves as fruitful :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
33,293 Posts
I was lucky to have one or two decent buys amongst the poor/bad buys and this one always sticks in my mind as a good pick up :)

Three nice 6309-704X cases, very nice 6105 bezel, 62mas with a GREAT (imo) case back plus bits and bobs.

·
Special Member
2,774 Posts
No bargains for me this year but on the other hand I didn't get stung either. Paid fair market price for everything I got in 2014.

Via m'iPhone 5

·
Special Member
1,933 Posts
This one is both my favourite pick up of 2014, and perhaps my best bargain. Just north of $100 US, so not loose change, but well below the going rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
My best bargain is this watch for the blind, which I picked up at $5 as part of TOS $10 challenge. These usually go for north of $100:

I was just going to sell it for a tidy profit, but my wife claimed it and wears it as often as any of her others.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts