The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I haven't kept up with many of the particular movements or offerings for automatics from any of the Japanese manufacturers. Please do share your knowledge about the ones that perform best or are easy to get serviced and are pretty accurate.

I am looking with adjustments to have a movement run near cosc or within cosc if possible without spending a fortune.

My g-shock is great (MIJ) and I am thinking about going automatic again. I stopped wearing them because I dropped a few (on carpets) and the mainspring would pop out.

Thanks guys.

·
Special Member
4,748 Posts
I've owned three watches with the 6r15 movement and very happy with the accuracy on each without having them adjusted. I wore my sumo for three weeks straight and observed that it would gain around 5 seconds while wearing and would gain about the same if left dial up at night. It would also slow down about with crown down. So I was able to stay within 10 seconds with out unscrewing the crown for the entire time. There's a lot of variables that affect accuracy of automatics and a lot has been commented on the subject. I don't get obsessed about it and seems that everyone has a different take on the subject, but I would suggest that if its that important to you stick with Quartz, kinetic, Eco drive,,,etc.

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
I will second the 6R15. I have one in my SARB017, It keeps good time, there's nothing not to like.

You said without spending a fortune... That's a shame. The 8L35 in my MM300 is just awesome.

·
Special Member
4,748 Posts
I will second the 6R15. I have one in my SARB017, It keeps good time, there's nothing not to like.

You said without spending a fortune... That's a shame. The 8L35 in my MM300 is just awesome.
Lucky you! My mm300 is about 8.5 seconds fast in a 24hr period, most of it gained while wearing and prior to taking of at night. Does not gain or loose if left crown down overnight. Like I said I don't obsess over accuracy as long it's not way off what is normal for any particular movement. Still, the mm300 is my favorite watch!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've had (and continue to own) a number 6r15 watches, they've been consistently wonderful. Here is a rather unusual one:

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Lucky you! My mm300 is about 8.5 seconds fast in a 24hr period, most of it gained while wearing and prior to taking of at night. Does not gain or loose if left crown down overnight. Like I said I don't obsess over accuracy as long it's not way off what is normal for any particular movement. Still, the mm300 is my favorite watch!
That's mad. My MM300 loses about one second a day whatever I do with it. I tend to leave it face up when I'm not wearing it, but the timekeeping doesn't seem to be any different whether it's on or off my wrist... I love it.

·
Special Member
4,748 Posts
That's mad. My MM300 loses about one second a day whatever I do with it. I tend to leave it face up when I'm not wearing it, but the timekeeping doesn't seem to be any different whether it's on or off my wrist... I love it.
This is just my opinion, but at its price range it's got to be one of the best overall values out there. Superb finish of the monocoque case and, the movement just mentioned and its history.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts