The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have bought a Bellmatic 4006-0611 (from EB). It was described as working, but while it runs, and the alarm works, the day will not advance, and the both the day and date quickset are non-functional. 馃槥 Needs a new glass as well.

Is there anyone in the UK (pref in Sussex or the SE) that can repair this? My local jeweller has quoted an eyewatering sum...

Cheers,

Dave

Registered
Local jewellers are generally not the best places to go for this kind of work. Luckily you鈥檝e come to the right place as there鈥檚 many experts here. Duncan from The watch bloke and Richard from the watch spot are two I have used and both have been great.

Special Member
Not hard to fix - just need the dial and date work off.
The day/date complication is under the top plate and has a couple of wire springs to deal with as well as part of the alarm complication. It is not like the usual Seiko movements and is one of the more complicated parts in a Bellmatic. If they have the talent to fix the day/date issue they can surely service the watch themselves. Personally I can't see going that far and not servicing the whole movement, it is not considered an 'easy' fix.

Registered
I agree with Zeke441. I'd say there is a high chance the dial is missing at least one leg. I'm not sure if its boasting or if he is touting for business, but our friend Paul seems to like saying that its easy to fix bellmatics. Paul, you never did indicate the simple spring adjustment that fixes an alarm that won't switch off. You just had to lift off the dial for that as well i seem to remember.

Registered
I agree with Zeke441. I'd say there is a high chance the dial is missing at least one leg. I'm not sure if its boasting or if he is touting for business, but our friend Paul seems to like saying that its easy to fix bellmatics. Paul, you never did indicate the simple spring adjustment that fixes an alarm that won't switch off. You just had to lift off the dial for that as well i seem to remember.

I'm neither "boasting or if he is touting for business" so instead of imagining it - don't.

"I'd say there is a high chance the dial is missing at least one leg."
I've seen one or both side of a dial lift due to a knock to the watch or a dial screw coming undone a little. There could be a number of other issues that cause the faults.

"Paul seems to like saying that its easy to fix bellmatics." I have never said or intimated that but I am reasonably good at them. I realise they are harder for those that don't know them well.

"you never did indicate the simple spring adjustment that fixes an alarm that won't switch off. You just had to lift off the dial for that as well i seem to remember." It would be good if you'd actually quote what I wrote.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts