The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone provide a tutorial or point me in the direction of how to replace a bellmatic crystal. Used the search function but did not see much
thx
Brian

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To be more specific. I was able to push the crystal out with my thumb and can salvage it. I've replaced many crystals on 6139's and 6138"s but can't figure out how to get bezel off this bellmatic. Don't see a gasket either. Once apart, is there anything i should know to put it back together.

thx

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
G'day Brew. Can you post a picture of the bellmatic, or at least state the model number so we can see what you're dealing with.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Nice model. The bezel should have a small notch on the underside into which you can insert a knife blade. Gentle pressure should remove the bezel.

I've got a bellmatic that I also need to replace the crystal for (crystal on the way). I've lifted the bezel but not yet pushed out the crystal. Not sure exactly how things are arranged under the crystal. Did the alarm setting internal bezel come out with the movement, or does it come out through the front?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Tritto,
The alarm bezel came out with the movement. Finally managed to get the external bezel off. Polywatched the crystal. Now need to put it back together. Did not see any crystal gasket.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
The crystals are acrylic with tension ring and push/snap into the case using a press. There is no gasket and the bezel is cosmetic and does not retain the crystal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts