The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to SCWF - Bellmatics

I just brought this watch and I do not know how to operate two things. They are:
1. How to wind up the alarm sound so that it will ring ?

2. How to set the Calendar - day and date ?

I know that the bell button has to be pull-out before the alarm could sound off but I do not know which one to turn - crown or bell button - to wind up, in order that the bell will ring. I know how to set the alarm timing - by pulling out the crown at half mast & turn anti clockwise - but I do not know how to set or turn the alarm bell sound.

Do I have to keep winding the hour & minute hands, around and around, 24hrs till midnight, to set the day and date ? I tried to pull out the crown at less than half mast or second mast but failed to wind the day and date:(

Thank you.

Jim Lim

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
That from a site took of one. Can help ...
------
Remarks
ball-bearing rotor
alarm: hammer on sounding spring

Operating Instruction
Wind watch: only selfwinding, start the watch by shaking it.
Set time: pull crown fully, set time. If you set the time reverse and pass the alarm time, this will be set reverse simultaneously.
Wind alarm: with pushed crown, only if the button is pushed in.
Set alarm: pull crown to the first step and set alarm time. The alarm time can only be set reverse, setting forward is inhibited by a freewheel.
Enable alarm : pull button.
Disable alarm: push button.

Example, year: signature; shock device
1972: Seiko Japan, 17 Jewels; Diashock
(с)

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Glad you are here...

... at the top of this subforum there are links, one of which will display the original user guide for the SEIKO Bell-matic.
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I am new to SCWF - Bellmatics

I just brought this watch and I do not know how to operate two things. They are:
1. How to wind up the alarm sound so that it will ring ?

2. How to set the Calendar - day and date ?

I know that the bell button has to be pull-out before the alarm could sound off but I do not know which one to turn - crown or bell button - to wind up, in order that the bell will ring. I know how to set the alarm timing - by pulling out the crown at half mast & turn anti clockwise - but I do not know how to set or turn the alarm bell sound.

Do I have to keep winding the hour & minute hands, around and around, 24hrs till midnight, to set the day and date ? I tried to pull out the crown at less than half mast or second mast but failed to wind the day and date:(

Thank you.

Jim Lim

That's in excellent condition:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

That from a site took of one. Can help ...
------
Remarks
ball-bearing rotor
alarm: hammer on sounding spring

Operating Instruction
Wind watch: only selfwinding, start the watch by shaking it.
Set time: pull crown fully, set time. If you set the time reverse and pass the alarm time, this will be set reverse simultaneously.
Wind alarm: with pushed crown, only if the button is pushed in.
Set alarm: pull crown to the first step and set alarm time. The alarm time can only be set reverse, setting forward is inhibited by a freewheel.
Enable alarm : pull button.
Disable alarm: push button.

Example, year: signature; shock device
1972: Seiko Japan, 17 Jewels; Diashock
(с)
Thanks a lots, guys for your kind reply. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts