The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Ultimate Collector
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from the UK...

I thought I would make my first post on this site about my recently repaired and serviced Bell-Matic 4006-7011.

Bell-Matic's are not highly sought after, which is a shame, they are great watches.

Here's mine:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Very nice, congrats and many thanks for sharing!

I would think that it is a good thing that the Belle's are not (yet?) so sought after, at least they can be bought at reasonable prices :)

The 4006-701 is case is amongst my favorites, btw, just beautiful!

Best
Hermann

·
Ultimate Collector
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hermann, I have a lot of more desirable and valuable Seiko's, but this Bell-Matic is lovely, I wear it often and the alarm is lots of fun. I will never let it go.

·
2,237 Posts
That really is a beauty. The case design is my favourite of the range - not managed to bag one yet though!

I think the Bell is coming into its own these days. I don't see any bargains anymore. They have a superb movement and the amazing alarm......what's not to like :)

Enjoy :)

·
Ultimate Collector
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Several very nice 27j 4006-701x turning up here!

Mine was fully serviced recently by Cannop. Here's a photo of my '7011 in it's constituent parts...

It now runs beautifully and keeps very good time. I wear it a lot.

·
Registered
130 Posts

Mine was fully serviced recently by Cannop. Here's a photo of my '7011 in it's constituent parts...

How much cost a service like this for a Bell-matic?

If you can tell ......

·
Ultimate Collector
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much cost a service like this for a Bell-matic?

If you can tell ......
It depends what parts, if any, may be needed. I can't say here what it cost because mine had a broken part that prevented the day and date from changing, and a new crystal. I can say the overall cost was very reasonable and I now have a Bell-Matic that is as good as new.

Contact Duncan (Cannop) on this forum. He is in the UK.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It depends what parts, if any, may be needed. I can't say here what it cost because mine had a broken part that prevented the day and date from changing, and a new crystal. I can say the overall cost was very reasonable and I now have a Bell-Matic that is as good as new.

Contact Duncan (Cannop) on this forum. He is in the UK.
I am Italian .... UK is too far away for my Bells. I wanted to know to increase my knowledge

·
Registered
130 Posts

.... I noted a strange thing ... normally the 27 jewels have a long sounding spring

like this

your has the short one ... has been replaced?

·
Ultimate Collector
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
.... I noted a strange thing ... normally the 27 jewels have a long sounding spring

like this

your has the short one ... has been replaced?
I really don't know. As far as I know the watch had never been apart before. But who knows after 44 years?
It works great.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Sorry....Are you sure this is an 4006-701x?

... seems an 4006-702x
Yep, it has got to be a 4006-7020. Out of the 702x line, only the 7020 had 27 jewels, while 7029 1st gen has 21, and 7029 2nd gen, 7028 and 7021 have 17 jewels.

As for the sounding spring: well.
Only 1966/1967 4006As have the long sounding spring, after that, only the shorter version was used. So the short spring on the 7011 is correct.

Best
Hermann

1 - 20 of 29 Posts