The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

There's a Bellmatic for sale near me on Craigslist in Tacoma. I don't know how to copy the sale link directly but if you go to the Seattle Craigslist it's post number 4802408995. I've got an email into the owner but I'd like to get opinions from the experts here. From the few pictures shown can you tell if it's original? I mostly collect dive watches but I've been searching for a Bellmatic and I like these larger case models. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Romany275

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
Looks okay, not "primo" tho'....

Hands look a bit tarnished, case looks like it was well-used. Bracelet might be original (have you asked how long it is? too many thin-wristed people remove and lose the links). Suggest seller provide you a photo of the movement (or go see it in person?). I guess it depends on whether you are looking for a solid ready-to-wear or a real collector's piece. A positive is that it does NOT appear that the case has been polished, removing the brushed finish of an original.
Good luck! :great:

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John thanks for picking me up on the photo! I did not ask about the bracelet and it does look a little short. Fortunately the watch is located close to me so seeing it in person is not a big chore and maybe even worth it in this case.

Romany275

·
Administrator
33,234 Posts
What i would say is if that bracelet isent worn out it is the best (imo) one that those models came on :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts