The Watch Site banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
28,487 Posts
Thanks for the detail John. Are you using 1.00mm copper wire as the material for the foot? So I gather you would drill the plate and epoxy in the new foot or do you just epoxy the foot directly to the ring?

I actually found some paper clips that where the correct diameter, after drilling the old one out I pushed the new foot into the hole and then glued, I did that many I toyed with making a drill fixture at one time but then I discovered Seiko divers :)

IMO I still think the Belle is one of the best Seiko models ever made I really do, so many different dials, hand sets, cases and beautiful dials.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Hey, another question for you Bell-Matic fans. There is no quick set on the day but in watching a recent vid on Youtube I saw the gentleman advance the day by moving hands past midnight and then backing the hands up before midnight. When turning backward you could see the day flicker slightly knowing the day finger was reset and then he advanced past midnight again to get the next day. This method versus sweeping the hands a full 24hrs multiple times to advance the day.

Question is, does this advancing past midnight and then backing up the hands to pre-midnight to advance the next day hurt the movement? I will note the day finger on 4006a cal is metal and not plastic as in some movements. This method also seems to work for 5126 cal movements as well. Any insight on pros or cons to using this method are appreciated. I know this method works but I do not want to damage or create adverse wear on the day change mechanism doing day set this way. Thoughts appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,919 Posts

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Hey, another question for your Bell-Matic fans. There is no quick set on the day but in watching a recent vid on Youtube I saw the gentleman advance the day by moving hands past midnight and then backing the hands up before midnight. When turning backward you could see the day flicker slightly knowing the day finger was reset and then he advanced past midnight again to get the next day. This method versus sweeping the hands a full 24hrs multiple times to advance the day.

Question is, does this advancing past midnight and then backing up the hands to pre-midnight to advance the next day hurt the movement? I will note the day finger on 4006a cal is metal and not plastic as in some movements. This method also seems to work for 5126 cal movements as well. Any insight on pros or cons to using this method are appreciated. I know this method works but I do not want to damage or create adverse wear on the day change mechanism doing day set this way. Thoughts appreciated.

It's fine = won't damage it ;-)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts