The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I had a very nice Datejust I had listed on eBay. Was contacted by a buyer who said they lived a couple hours away. We agreed on a price, meeting time, and location. I thought it was odd the emails were signed with a ladies name.Whatever I said to myself... When I arrived at the meeting place, I couldn't believe this was my buyer. SHE was HOT!!! And a big time Rolex collector too!!! She even brought her own timegrapher to test the watch! We ended up hanging out for a long time talking about watches and other things and she showed me pictures of her collection. Vintage Daytonas, Subs, GMTs, and tons of very high end new stuff. She has been collecting since she was 18. She is now 48. My exact age! ;) Yes, I gave her my number and suggested that we stay in touch! CRAZY and awesome!!! ;)

Registered
See..................

Registered
She shows up with her own Timegrapher. Sheesh ... there鈥檚 definitely a 鈥渂eat error鈥 joke in there someplace ;-)

Registered
pics or it didn't happen!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Well, if she calls me back I get some pics!! ;)

But not the ones I can post!! ;) More impressive was her collection. Stuff like solid gold vintage GMTS, gold Subs, modern, vintage, etc. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but insane none the less. She knew all of the references better than anyone too!!
pics or it didn't happen!!!

Registered
I hope you got her number too, she may be old fashioned and she certainly may be charmed by a fellow who knows his reference #'s too. A cell # is more personal than an email address so, who knows, she may be waiting for you to contact her a second time ? 48 and single, hmmm. Collecting since she was 18, wow. This could be Kismet ? Sounds like a heck of a lot of fun ! A hundred beautiful watches to look at and a looker with a hundred watches. I wish you great success, keep us posted and post pics when you can !!

Registered
If she showed up with her own timegrapher, and she was hot, I'm sure my beat error would have been off the charts.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
I have her number now!!

I hope you got her number too, she may be old fashioned and she certainly may be charmed by a fellow who knows his reference #'s too. A cell # is more personal than an email address so, who knows, she may be waiting for you to contact her a second time ? 48 and single, hmmm. Collecting since she was 18, wow. This could be Kismet ? Sounds like a heck of a lot of fun ! A hundred beautiful watches to look at and a looker with a hundred watches. I wish you great success, keep us posted and post pics when you can !!
We have been chatting a bunch and sharing pictures. She loves vintage Seiko too! FUN!!! Although, her collecting is WAY out of my league!! Oh well, she has amazing taste and really knows her stuff with watches!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts