The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is now exactly three years since I purchased my The Citizen Chronomaster, Model CTQ57-0971, and it has gained exactly 23 seconds in that time, or, on average, 7.67 seconds per year (s/y). Like all The Citizen Chronomaster models, this one is specified to +/- 5 s/y, but with the proviso that it be worn approximately 12 hours a day. Given the fact that this specimen has been worn maybe 3 or 4 times during the three-year period on formal occasions (of a few hours duration) and thus has come nowhere close to meeting the conditions for the accuracy specifications, I think this has been excellent performance. All thermocompensated quartz movements require a certain amount of wearing (during which the ambient temperature is somewhere in the neighborhood of 86F) to meet their stated specifications. This is just standard for all thermocompensation methods. The watch will drift out of specs if kept out of this temperature range for long periods.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
aladin_sane said:
It may be time to have it regulated. :))
:iagree: Accuracy like that is uncalled for. Take it to a corner-shop battery changer and have it mucked about with until it loses or gains a minute and half per day like all our watches do!

>:D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Your photo makes the watch look amazing! The stock photo makes it look like a cheap toy... Someone really should tell the Japanese to work on that - it's the same with Seiko...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts