1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
very unusual....like it

·
Registered
912 Posts
Mmm nice I picked up something similar to fix up a while back, no Kanji though-that's super cool. It nearly got the chop yesterday though when I realised it might carry the spares for my 62mas....wrong stem pos though... It will live on, one day.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
As you know John I have a soft spot for the 6206 weekdaters and the 8040 model's hit all the sweet spots, the minute track chapter ring, the sunburst dial finish, the full length dauphine hands, the 62xx caliber "4" on the date wheel and the kanji day wheel is the icing on the cake.

·
Vendor
1,693 Posts
As you know John I have a soft spot for the 6206 weekdaters and the 8040 model's hit all the sweet spots, the minute track chapter ring, the sunburst dial finish, the full length dauphine hands, the 62xx caliber "4" on the date wheel and the kanji day wheel is the icing on the cake.
Im with you on this Fabulous dial!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I agree Re the dial...

So much that I have a close relative:

It's the seller pictures because I dont have a decent one yet.. But its has been with me for about 8 months..! Must get the camera out and try to shoot this dial..!

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree Re the dial...

So much that I have a close relative:

It's the seller pictures because I dont have a decent one yet.. But its has been with me for about 8 months..! Must get the camera out and try to shoot this dial..!

I think I like yours more !!! :clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Woah at your SS 6218-897X!

More info and pics, please!
:D
Not too much to say, I always wanted one because they were Seikos top of the line watch back in the day. The 1964 Weekdater 6218-8971 was the immediate, automatic equivalent of the 1964 Grand Seiko hand-wind, before the appearance of the first automatic GS in 1967. This one appeared for sale on the TF at the end of 2012 so I bought it, replaced the crystal and sorted out a very stiff canon pinion and have loved it ever since. :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Fantastic watch! I'm lucky to own the Gold Capped 6218-897X from September 1964..!
Mine has the 6218 'A' version, with the "tadpole" regulator

But I think I still want the SS version.. But I'd like to have one with the GS'ish hands (thick dauphine with polished edges) the same as my GC one.. But I have never came across one in my searches through the web.. Maybe it doesn't exist.. :(

Have you ever came across one?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts