The Watch Site banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Administrator
32,626 Posts
Out of interest is there any chance of a full face shot Kyle ?

Not sure :) Perhaps the previous owner liked the look of a GMT hand with arrow. The small sub hand looks original to me but I don't know about the H/M hands. They look too new and believe they might be replacements. Rest of the watch looks pretty good.

·
Special Member
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I just did a quick light check. Absolutely no glow from the hour markers or hands not even faintly. Zero. I believe the lume is original and H/M hands are original but I could be wrong?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Interesting, I also have 6005 that has slight green hue to the lume. I was inclined to think it’s original since the texture and glow matched other 600x I have from same time.

Watch has all original parts I believe and no service mark on the back. The gasket was al dried up.

·
Special Member
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Very Long Break from the watches. A quick look at the True Pogue. Swapped into a good case and case back swapped. I'm not a big fan of how close one can get to Colonel Pogue's actual 6139 but for those playing the game the serial number is the same month and year as the Colonel's 19 and only + 297 away.

I know which watch I will be wearing and showing on International Pogue Day next year :)

·
Special Member
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Here is the True Pogue as purchased. I am still undecided if I should use the original butter yellow(faded) inner bezel (below) or one with a strong yellow color(above)?

Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

·
Special Member
2,804 Posts
Here is the True Pogue as purchased. I am still undecided if I should use the original butter yellow(faded) inner bezel (below) or one with a strong yellow color(above)?

Your thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

I've been undecided about the same for about 2 years now! Will be following closely. Also, a better (still faded) bezel insert or darker?

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
2,836 Posts
I’m a chapter ring changer if possible. It’s not necessary imho, but I think it improves the look. Really white ones distract the look but I understand it for originality if that’s more important to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #89 (Edited)
^ ^ ^ Beautiful True Pogues Gentlemen . . . Thanks for Sharing ^ ^ ^

Personally I like the look of both inner rings (faded and strong yellow). I don't particularly like black rings faded to grey but a faded yellow ring is very appealing to my eye. I agree with Tod that a stronger color yellow inner ring makes the watch look better but a slightly faded inner ring just screams "Original" Pogue. It seems that the inner ring on this particular model (Yellow 6005 Resist) is very prone to fading and the faded ring has become an almost unique signature of a "True Pogue".

I have a habit of using the better parts for the better watches so it was instinct to install a stronger color Yellow Ring on the True Pogue . . . but I'm really not sure this time???

·
Special Member
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
I have given ALL the workers on the House this weekend off. NO WORK. I am exhausted constantly running back and forth between the crews and I need a Break. Time for some Fun Seiko Time :)

I purchased this 6000 Blue Proof only for the Chiclet Bracelet (the only complete 6139 Chiclet I have seen for sale in many years). When this popped up I did not even look at the seller's photos and I smashed the Buy It Now Button with Extreme Prejudice ©CombatID.

I just got around to looking at the watch and it is in remarkable condition. Crystal only has a few very light scratches and I believe the original, Dial and Hands perfect, lume bright white, case and caseback mint, and the bezel insert is probably the best I have ever seen - only a few light marks with strong blue and red colors.

Chiclet is in Beautiful Condition. Some light scratches mainly on the clasp but it will refinish nicely. I believe that this watch was Barely Worn.

·
Special Member
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Here is the original seller's photo of the 6000 Blue Proof with Chiclet. What I find strange is the seller used a nice photo tent and the watch looks to be in great shape but the seller provided No Closeup Photo of the Dial (all background and no dial). If selling a watch in Near Mint Condition better for a seller to provide Lots of Closeup photos. No worrries I Smashed it all the same :)

·
Special Member
2,836 Posts
I have given ALL the workers on the House this weekend off. NO WORK. I am exhausted constantly running back and forth between the crews and I need a Break. Time for some Fun Seiko Time :)

I purchased this 6000 Blue Proof only for the Chiclet Bracelet (the only complete 6139 Chiclet I have seen for sale in many years). When this popped up I did not even look at the seller's photos and I smashed the Buy It Now Button with Extreme Prejudice CombatID.

I just got around to looking at the watch and it is in remarkable condition. Crystal only has a few very light scratches and I believe the original, Dial and Hands perfect, lume bright white, case and caseback mint, and the bezel insert is probably the best I have ever seen - only a few light marks with strong blue and red colors.

Chiclet is in Beautiful Condition. Some light scratches mainly on the clasp but it will refinish nicely. I believe that this watch was Barely Worn.

That was really, really well smashed (with EP). You have my consent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bigbluekyle

·
Special Member
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
6139 Bracelets removed from the watches and all need to be cleaned. The 2 Stelux President bracelets were originally found on 6002 Blue No Text/Plain Dial watches from 1972 (both with 2D serial numbers and both with Roman day wheels. Both were purchased mainly for the case backs to go on Sunrises). The Blue 6002 No Text/Plain Dial is a commonly found 6139 model and not particularly rare. Presidents will be cleaned and re-installed on much rarer Silver Pogues. IMO Silver Pogues look so good with Presidents :)

·
Special Member
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
Early Yellow Speed-Timer. Not in the Best Condition and I would very much appreciate your thoughts on the restoration of this watch. Heavily scratched crystal, incorrect shiny hands (should be matte frosted?) incorrect sweep (looks like a 6106? and should be a 2 pc sweep), original indicator ring is in excellent condition (I noticed that the Numbers on the inner ring are Very Thick and Heavy looking - noticeably different than normal later inner rings). Movement is the correct 21J A but running poorly (does not reset to zero) etc. I've seen some severely deteriorated caseback gaskets in my life but this one looks like it has melted with debris everywhere.

Chrome on the hour markers is showing some oxidation and the dreaded halo is distracting. Would you have the hour markers and hands re-lumed??? I have a few spare 6139 A that I could supply as donors to service the movement. A lot of work needed here and I'm just not sure if it is worth it???

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks!

·
Special Member
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
Taken out of the case for a better full face shot of the dial. I believe most of the tiny black spots are just debris and dirt that can easily be blown off the dial.

·
Special Member
2,804 Posts
Taken out of the case for a better look at the dial. I believe most of the black spots are just debris and dirt that should clean up nicely.

Totally worth the restoration, Kyle. The supply of yellow speedtimers has all but dried up. In the last year or so I have seen barely any.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
IMO the Yellow 6000 JDM SpeedTimer at the very least needs the correct matte H/M hands and 2pc sweep and I don't have any spares :( I feel it would be awful to rob a 2 pc sweep and matte hands from another watch to restore the Yellow JDM Speed-Timer. I would love to find a set of matte hands and as they are going to be relumed so the condition of the lume would be unimportant.

I feel it would be a crime to rob either of these 6010 SpeedTimers of their hands and 2 pc sweep.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts