The Watch Site banner

21 - 40 of 147 Posts

·
Special Member
2,916 Posts
I believe the statistics were that for the last stimulus about 30% of the recipients invested it in the stock market in some fashion. Maybe for this one all the vintage Seikos will be bought! Nooooooo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
How much fun can you actually have owning a share of stock. I spent less than one full "stimmy" on a box of Stainless Steel Luxury. And How Much Fun am I going to have with the Box of Stainless Steel Luxury :)

·
Special Member
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Full Disclosure:

I own no shares in Tesla other than in ETF Index Funds. I have no business relationship with Tesla whose stock I mentioned :)

I am long Seikos not as an investment but purely for Fun :)

ps: But I would be willing to sell a NOS 6217 62MAS bezel for $1K. As my Thai Girlfriend say "I Like money. Everybody Like money"

When I told her about the stimmys she asked how many forms did I have to fill out in order to receive the payments. None . . . they just magically came in the mail.

I Love America!

·
Special Member
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Unfortunately the end links that came with the bracelets are not for a 6139-600X :confused: I am hoping that one day someone will make a small run of 6139 Chiclet End Links :)

·
Special Member
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Before I can even begin to sort through the incoming pile I wanted to get the JDM Speed-Timer bracelet installed on a 6139 Teal Sunset. The buyer has been patiently waiting for this watch for a very long time and I didn't want him to wait any longer.

Bracelet was in much better condition than I anticipated. Yesterday I taped off the center links and lightly sanded down the surface, the Clasp was knackered so I replaced it with a vintage original Sports 5 Clasp in excellent condition, added 1 additonal link, rebrushed the entire finish, and then lightly polished the centers :)

Matt, I know you don't visit the forums very often but if you are seeing this your Sunset will ship out on Monday Morning :)

·
Special Member
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
After a very long time the Sunset shipped out on Monday :) Now that I have taken care of my VIP customers I can finally get the chance to have some fun and take a good look at the incomings. Lots of good ones and a few "what the heck was I thinking when I bought this turd?"

Early Seiko 6139-6010 Speed-Timers. I really like the symmetry of the Dials - a beautiful balance between the Texts, Subdial, and Day/Date Window. TAD Dial from February 1969 (Very Early) and T Dial from (September 1969 ). Both with the original triple railroad bracelets :) My photos do not capture the iridescence and radiance of the Dials - Just Spectacular!

All Chrono hands reset crisply to Zero. The T Dial Day is getting caught up in the day/date change so disc probably needs to be lightly bent back flat. T Dial Crystal also needs to be replaced. No timegrapher here but looking forward to seeing the numbers:)

·
Special Member
2,916 Posts
Oh man stunning Kyle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Over the years I have been a big buyer of 6309's but they are getting harder to find in decent original condition. I only picked up 2 this past year - Both SUWA Dials (normally I buy more than 2 every year). Not a lot to choose from as time goes by. I also picked up a non-running 7548 just for the bracelet :) An Original Z199.

I actually picked up 2 - Z199s with extra links (very long lengths) :)

·
Special Member
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Holy cow... these are ALL CHICLETS??? If so this is basically as many chiclets as I've ever seen pictured on watches, let alone scored in one haul.

Thanks Brian. This box came from a seller in the UK. Very important to spend my stimulus payments not only in the US but throughout the world. I am doing my part to help the World Economy.

I received another large shipment of Original Vintage Seiko NOS Stelux Chiclet bracelets from a Seller in Hong Kong (stored in a watch shop for over 50 years). Just like the UK Chiclets the Hong Kong Chiclets did not come with 6139 End Links. I also bought the occasional Chiclet that turned up on Ebay if it was priced reasonably.

I am hoping that one day someone will make a small run of 6139 Chiclet End Links :)

·
Special Member
7,358 Posts
Thanks Brian. This box came from a seller in the UK. Very important to spend my stimulus payments not only in the US but throughout the world. I am doing my part to help the World Economy.

I received another large shipment of Original Vintage Seiko NOS Stelux Chiclet bracelets from a Seller in Hong Kong (stored in a watch shop for over 50 years). Just like the UK Chiclets the Hong Kong Chiclets did not come with 6139 End Links. I also bought the occasional Chiclet that turned up on Ebay if it was priced reasonably.

I am hoping that one day someone will make a small run of 6139 Chiclet End Links :)
Calling Uncle Seiko.....Calling Uncle Seiko......

21 - 40 of 147 Posts