The Watch Site banner
161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yes, I think he is ‘reselling‘ or ‘proxy selling’ - he doesn’t have the watches. They could be for sale on YJ at lower prices and he buys them when he has ‘sold’ them.
Unquestionably this is what he does. I’ve tracked a number of offerings from this seller. Much of what is offered is watches up for auction on YJ. He downloads the pics from YJ and offers the watch on eBay. If he gets a bite, presumably he then proceeds to bid aggressively on YJ ito fulfill the order from his buyer. If for any reason he fails to succeed in buying the item on YJ I suppose he simply cancels the transaction on eBay and refunds the money.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I bought a “RARE” 6139-6000 “Water Resistant” watch on eBay. Unfortunately, there is a reason that I don’t have one in my collection. They don’t exist! The case back is a forgery.

Actually, It is much better than the first fake I fell for. However, the lettering is still etched/engraved rather than stamped….

Attachments

·
Ultimate Collector
3,479 Posts
I bought a “RARE” 6139-6000 “Water Resistant” watch on eBay. Unfortunately, there is a reason that I don’t have one in my collection. They don’t exist! The case back is a forgery.

Actually, It is much better than the first fake I fell for. However, the lettering is still etched/engraved rather than stamped….

Oh dear... I hope it was cheap.

·
Special Member
3,793 Posts
It used to be the watches coming out of Japan were reliably authentic. Not here. This AM Sunrise has no reference to its AM parts and the caseback photo has been obviously doctored with a serial number that makes zero sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
945 Posts
It used to be the watches coming out of Japan were reliably authentic. Not here. This AM Sunrise has no reference to its AM parts and the caseback photo has been obviously doctored with a serial number that makes zero sense.

There are several of these clowns who have been flogging fake Sunrises on eBay and YJ for quite a while now. Here’s another one:

Most of them are smart enough to keep the price under $2,000 and avoid the eBay Authenticity Guarantee kicking in. Occasionally I’ll report one of them if it’s over $2k, as — much to my surprise — eBay actually seems to care about fakes being sold with the eBay Authenticity Guarantee.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a saved search for Seiko on eBay that I check multiple times a day, which only shows new listings since i last looked. This helps me keep an eye out for a particular model, if it gets listed without the model number by the seller.

The downside is once every so often, one of the junk dealers, usually from India, dumps every Feiko they own at once.

Thankfully, eBay let’s you exclude up to 10 sellers in your saved search. I just started using that feature. By excluding two sellers in India, I bypass approx 5000 Feikos.

·
Special Member
3,793 Posts
This guy is running a scam on Craigs List in the US. I got conned out of a little bit of money for what is admittedly too much of a bargain for a Panda. He has taken down the ad but here are some pics of the watches he is peddling. He goes by Glen Carr.

Reactions: Grammarofdesign

·
Special Member
17,111 Posts
This guy is running a scam on Craigs List in the US. I got conned out of a little bit of money for what is admittedly too much of a bargain for a Panda. He has taken down the ad but here are some pics of the watches he is peddling. He goes by Glen Carr.

Bad news Tod - sorry to hear that. *******.

Any chance you can get help from PayPal - they are pretty good about issuing refunds on scammed deals ....

·
Special Member
3,793 Posts
Well… since he conned me into a F&F I can’t get any help from PP. but I used Amex to do it so I’ll go that route.

My usual radar return warning wasn’t beeping at me on this one. This is the first time I got scammed.

• Sad
Reactions: mwadner

·
Registered
216 Posts
A new modern feiko. Nemo Turtle. Bezel wrong, bracelet wrong, case cover wrong, crystal wrong, dial wrong...pretty much everything wrong and being sold as jdm. So much wrong in this ad

·
Special Member
575 Posts
This golden turd appeared on my Instagram timeline. An absolute bargain at €1,499. If you need a paperweight for your desk this could be it.

Avoid totchrono24 "French entrepreneur in the watch business" like the plague.

Watch Analog watch Product Clock Watch accessory

Watch Photograph Product Organism Font

·
Registered
216 Posts
"Fully original" 1975 water resist 70...

I guess all the parts could very well be genuine but original, highly doubtful

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a saved search for Seiko on eBay that I check multiple times a day, which only shows new listings since i last looked. This helps me keep an eye out for a particular model, if it gets listed without the model number by the seller.

The downside is once every so often, one of the junk dealers, usually from India, dumps every Feiko they own at once.

Thankfully, eBay let’s you exclude up to 10 sellers in your saved search. I just started using that feature. By excluding two sellers in India, I bypass approx 5000 Feikos.
Thank you, I'll have to look into setting that. I, too, pull up major dumps of the Mumbai Specials.

·
Registered
66 Posts
And, because I am watching the item, was sent an offer discount. Lol.

What is the general consensus? Should I respond and let him know the item is a fake?
I know it's now 5-6 weeks after your two posts, but accessed the past listing to find seller's name for reference, and see << This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available. >>
Too many eBayers called him out so he moved on? Or sold somewhere else, Reddit, WUS, etc?

161 - 180 of 185 Posts