The Watch Site banner
141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Special Member
2,199 Posts
This 5606-7270 caught my eye for its fabulous look and condition.
I was briefly tempted to make an offer.
Then I compared the pictures to the original catalog photo, and to other examples you can find on the internet.
And it suddenly dawned on me.
This is a very high-quality fake. o_O
There are undisputable differences in details to the original that convince me that this watch is not genuine.
This I would say is (unfortunately) next-level quality, as far as counterfeits go.
But as always you have to be sceptical when a "vintage" piece looks newer and even better than NOS.
The saying "too good to be true" comes to mind.
Too bad...but I'm glad I caught it in time, and wanted to post this for anyone who might be interested. :oops:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Another attempt to de rail an ongoing auction. Same old scam, new account.

·
Special Member
945 Posts
This was a special effort from one of eBay's most prolific fake Pogue vendors ... a very sketchy Pulsations:

Fake Pogue dial, possibly with Pulsations markers added. Fake Pogue handset, also. Somebody paid $560 for this abomination.

·
Special Member
1,403 Posts

·
Special Member
575 Posts
This was a special effort from one of eBay's most prolific fake Pogue vendors ... a very sketchy Pulsations:

Fake Pogue dial, possibly with Pulsations markers added. Fake Pogue handset, also. Somebody paid $560 for this abomination.
I see this seller also has a Feiko 6139-6002 on auction right now.

33 bids and sitting at £360 so far and five days to go. It looks like one of the repro cases from HK (or a refinished cae) and fake everything else apart from the movement - it looks legit but that's it. A total charlatan.

·
Premium Member
and Cognoscente ... 15J Quartz Chrono's
2,109 Posts
Posted this a few minutes ago in another thread (in error). I guess this is the proper place.

I'm not sure if there's a 'bad fakes' thread (which doesn't concern Pogues), but this is one of the worst Seiko fakes I've seen in a LONG time. It even has a Credor logo. Came up in my eBay saved search results on 'Sekio' overnight. :ROFLMAO:

sekio watch | eBay

Evidently the strap is GENUINE LEATHER - allegedly. :rolleyes:

·
Ultimate Collector
3,479 Posts
Here's an ebay seller with hundreds of Seiko's listed. Best to be avoided:... japan_pre-owned_vintage

Well, actually, because of his ridiculously high asking prices and blatant fakes he's easily avoided.

·
Special Member & Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Here's an ebay seller with hundreds of Seiko's listed. Best to be avoided:... japan_pre-owned_vintage

Well, actually, because of his ridiculously high asking prices and blatant fakes he's easily avoided.
Often he advertises and sells without having the watch. I brought a Citizen from him a while back and he responded with
sorry this is out of stock, .....but I have another coming - Bless pay pal I got a refund.

·
Ultimate Collector
3,479 Posts
Often he advertises and sells without having the watch. I brought a Citizen from him a while back and he responded with
sorry this is out of stock, .....but I have another coming - Bless pay pal I got a refund.

Yes, I think he is ‘reselling‘ or ‘proxy selling’ - he doesn’t have the watches. They could be for sale on YJ at lower prices and he buys them when he has ‘sold’ them.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts