The Watch Site banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just sent him a message pointing out that the dial (6002), caseback (1972 6005), and bezel (block at “60”) do not match and asking if he could tell me which parts had been replaced. This should be fun ;)
He just replied that be has already accepted an offer. Oh well, another great opportunity lost.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
After I pointed out a few things wrong with the watch I offered to take it off his hands, if he would send me a $1000 to cover labour, as well as the watch.
he wasn't very happy

·
Premium Member
9,123 Posts
wellllll ... its still up for sale so I guess he's still working his deal.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Just an example of all the garbage being sold on catawiki on a weekly/daily basis. And then they dare to say they sell items selected by experts.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Brian just flagged this Resist silver dial 6139. I must say that a lot of the watch is good, and the dial is a pretty good AM example:

I believe it was Tom or Jon who posted on the subtle ways to check for authentic silver dials in the 6139 fake thread. Here are a couple of pictures. First the watch on our favorite auction site:

The concentric circles in the subdial are noticeable but sometimes these are seen a little on “R” dials as some of us were discussing. The subdial printing is also a little off. But the kicker is the text on the bottom of the dial. Here is my no text “R” dial:

The AM dial has some issues with the spacing in JAPAN 6139. The pointed “A” are correct for an “R” dial. But look at the “R” in 6030R. My dial has the small leg of the “R” curved slightly pointing forward where the AM dial has it straight down.

Of course the caseback is from 1976 which is a telltale problem. But this watch with the Stellux band and other good parts is goin to fool many potential buyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
That's an interesting comparison of Silver Rs - here's a close-up of the ebay one:

Here's one I picked up recently, which I am sure is genuine (he said, tempting fate ...)

I've only just noticed the short stroke at 9 on my R dial, and the same is present on a yellow R Resist that I have. I'll do a bit more digging and add to the other T and R Dials thread, but silver Proofs have a long stroke there:

... so that could be added to the tell-tales of a fake 6030R RESIST dial; if it has the long stroke at 9, then it's hokey...

·
Registered
477 Posts
This stuff gets discouraging ...

”Aussie” Pogue with dial/case mismatch, a bunch of aftermarket parts, etc. But it’s nice and shiny and somebody happily coughs up £695. This guy has been selling some absolute rubbish lately.

Sheesh.

·
Registered
369 Posts
This stuff gets discouraging ...

”Aussie” Pogue with dial/case mismatch, a bunch of aftermarket parts, etc. But it’s nice and shiny and somebody happily coughs up £695. This guy has been selling some absolute rubbish lately.

Sheesh.
Somebody paid £600 - https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=264699651564

Of course, the case back and dial don't match, but the dial looks OK to me, as does the bezel. The bracelet is AM, and I'm not sure about the hands. I'm not sure about the chapter ring - it looks to have a relume but could be genuine?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Somebody paid £600 - https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=264699651564

Of course, the case back and dial don't match, but the dial looks OK to me, as does the bezel. The bracelet is AM, and I'm not sure about the hands. I'm not sure about the chapter ring - it looks to have a relume but could be genuine?
Beats me. Description says “new bracelet, dial, crystal, hands, and pushers,” but doesn’t mention the chapter ring. So I guess that could be legit.

Interestingly, there are two listings for what appears to be the same watch.

·
Registered
477 Posts

Will it never end? Just for grins, I sent the seller a note to the effect that this watch has several AM parts and a dial/caseback mismatch. I’m sure someone will buy it anyway.

·
Registered
369 Posts

Will it never end? Just for grins, I sent the seller a note to the effect that this watch has several AM parts and a dial/caseback mismatch. I’m sure someone will buy it anyway.
Low-feedback seller, with his previous selling history all looking suspect. A few Pogues with 5-digit serial numbers and AM dials / bracelets, even a dodgy-looking Omega Seamaster that just doesn't pass the sniff test without me knowing why...

·
Premium Member
9,123 Posts
Low-feedback seller, with his previous selling history all looking suspect. A few Pogues with 5-digit serial numbers and AM dials / bracelets, even a dodgy-looking Omega Seamaster that just doesn't pass the sniff test without me knowing why...
Does this watch come with a pair of sunglasses? man, it's bright! :cool:

81 - 95 of 95 Posts