61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Scam Alert.............

·
Registered
477 Posts

It’s hard to tell through the blurry photos if the “proof” dial is real, but the handset looks like the usual aftermarket junk. Same with the pushers. And the bezel. Better yet, that polished case has edges like a used bar of hotel soap.

There‘s no picture of the case back, which was probably also polished to death. Which reminds me, since when was there a 6139-6002 “proof?” Oh, and for your $1,600 you also get a cheesy bracelet. “Rare Vintage Watch,” indeed.

Such a deal!

·
Premium Member
9,125 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
It seems like as we get more knowledgeable and savvy to what is fake and aftermarket, the crooks have to up their game on the listing words and pics. I’ve been buying Seiko’s for a few years now and I have returned at least three back to the sellers for misleading and non accurate descriptions. At least the bay is on our side for the most part. I try to avoid the UK and the Philippines.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Also...

View attachment 447282

eBay's Report Item function seems to be butched at the moment, but I think I'll check back later as this is definitely dodgy
Crikey, I should say so.

Ebay would make a fair percentage if a sale like that was to go through. Are Ebay complicit in fraud if they ignore our reports? as ignoring reports works to their advantage.

·
Registered
217 Posts
He called me a hater and said I had too much free time. He also told me to get a job and be a better person!

I'm leaving it as that... But if you want some entertainment value, he seems pretty feisty! It certainly didn't take much to get him going. I thought I was pretty polite! ;)

Go on, what his story :)?

·
Registered
369 Posts
He called me a hater and said I had too much free time. He also told me to get a job and be a better person!

I'm leaving it as that... But if you want some entertainment value, he seems pretty feisty! It certainly didn't take much to get him going. I thought I was pretty polite! ;)
haha - I asked:

Looks really nice - has the dial been replaced?​

... his response...

I’m sorry. I don’t understand the question. Replaced with what?​

·
Registered
369 Posts
:)

me:
Replaced with a different dial than the one it used to have... the watch reference (6139-6005) doesn't say "CHRONOGRAPH AUTOMATIC " on the dial, so either this watch has had a replacement dial, or it's got the wrong case back.
him:
Yeah it’s definitely a wrong case back! I guess the professional services mix things up during the restoration.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just sent him a message pointing out that the dial (6002), caseback (1972 6005), and bezel (block at “60”) do not match and asking if he could tell me which parts had been replaced. This should be fun ;)

61 - 80 of 95 Posts