The Watch Site banner
181 - 200 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts

Posted in the discussion forum

Asked him for a price - he said $300
I questioned this, and he said sorry it's $800 (still WAAAAY too cheap)
Asked for more pics, he sent me pics of a completely different watch - images stolen from one of our respected forum members here
Has now gone silent, despite multiple requests from me for pictures of the actual watch he says he's selling

Report this scammer!!, who's clearly been buying followers.
His account needs removing ASAP

21 likes for a watch like this, with 16K followers...?? Dodgy AF!!

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Everyday carry

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
General question for everyone...Have you provided your phone number to a seller upon their request after the purchase of an item on ebay? I have been asked to provide mine by an out of country seller that I definitely purchased item from. Just hesitant to provide. Stated it was needed for shipment tracking and delivery. Sound legit? Thanks,

·
Registered
133 Posts
General question for everyone...Have you provided your phone number to a seller upon their request after the purchase of an item on ebay? I have been asked to provide mine by an out of country seller that I definitely purchased item from. Just hesitant to provide. Stated it was needed for shipment tracking and delivery. Sound legit? Thanks,
I provided an answer at the other thread where you posted the question. Thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Update - the seller has changed his IG name to Login • Instagram

Posted in the discussion forum

Asked him for a price - he said $300
I questioned this, and he said sorry it's $800 (still WAAAAY too cheap)
Asked for more pics, he sent me pics of a completely different watch - images stolen from one of our respected forum members here
Has now gone silent, despite multiple requests from me for pictures of the actual watch he says he's selling

Report this scammer!!, who's clearly been buying followers.
His account needs removing ASAP

21 likes for a watch like this, with 16K followers...?? Dodgy AF!!

View attachment 496360

·
Registered
Citizen
5 Posts
The same seller (tg_group) has a couple of ropey yellow Pogues with the same description, too. And look who he's associated with?

View attachment 452283
Hi all
Glad to join you all, i'm relatively new to the Seiko world of watches but being staggered daily by their variety and quality,
I've been after a Bell-Matic for a few months now and found one on ebay, unfortunately this seller (tg_group) has it for sale and is refusing to answer any messages i send him/her asking for photos of the movement and case back, after reading this thread it all makes sense.
The photos are all very good and well-taken but in all honesty i think most of us know; if we buy a watch through ebay, without seeing the case back, or movement, from a seller who refuses to even reply to messages, (going back nearly a month so it's not a case of "oh i was sooo busy"), then warm tummy feelings are not what we have, stone cold knots doing somersaults and star-jumps in our lower intestines are the order of the day.
Is there a thread relating to sellers who are trying to deceive buyers be it by omission or otherwise so we can make more informed judgements on what they have to sell?
I know this might attract some people who may have a personal vendetta against a seller for whatever reason but hopefully in a case like that if one person has a problem and another 20 have never had a problem then it should allow water to find it's own level, so to speak.
And to think before reading this thread i almost took the chance and bought his/her watch, so glad i didn't.

Stay clear of tg_group

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi all
Glad to join you all, i'm relatively new to the Seiko world of watches but being staggered daily by their variety and quality,
I've been after a Bell-Matic for a few months now and found one on ebay, unfortunately this seller (tg_group) has it for sale and is refusing to answer any messages i send him/her asking for photos of the movement and case back, after reading this thread it all makes sense.
The photos are all very good and well-taken but in all honesty i think most of us know; if we buy a watch through ebay, without seeing the case back, or movement, from a seller who refuses to even reply to messages, (going back nearly a month so it's not a case of "oh i was sooo busy"), then warm tummy feelings are not what we have, stone cold knots doing somersaults and star-jumps in our lower intestines are the order of the day.
Is there a thread relating to sellers who are trying to deceive buyers be it by omission or otherwise so we can make more informed judgements on what they have to sell?
I know this might attract some people who may have a personal vendetta against a seller for whatever reason but hopefully in a case like that if one person has a problem and another 20 have never had a problem then it should allow water to find it's own level, so to speak.
And to think before reading this thread i almost took the chance and bought his/her watch, so glad i didn't.

Stay clear of tg_group
That is discouraging; I always think something is Askew if seller can't be bothered to give you Any type of response, especially with those asking prices. I did not review all 8 of his listings but maybe 1). He's insulted you don't bow down to him and take credence in his 100% rating or 2). He wouldn't address why one of his SEIKO Bell-Matics has a CITIZEN bracelet; and even crazier that was one of the few where he actually took a photo of the bracelet/clasp! Thank you for your message/public service announcement.

·
Registered
Citizen
5 Posts
That is discouraging; I always think something is Askew if seller can't be bothered to give you Any type of response, especially with those asking prices. I did not review all 8 of his listings but maybe 1). He's insulted you don't bow down to him and take credence in his 100% rating or 2). He wouldn't address why one of his SEIKO Bell-Matics has a CITIZEN bracelet; and even crazier that was one of the few where he actually took a photo of the bracelet/clasp! Thank you for your message/public service announcement.

100% on his attitude yes, there is a bit of a hierarchy with a lot of online sites that rate the user with a numeric figure, some folk adhere to rigidly which is natural i suppose if they see it as a measure of their online achievements, on ebay it's the number of feedbacks you've got, i only have 131 compared to his 322 so he might deem me to be a less worthy of a reply than someone else with more,

but i still would have thought as a customer he would have replied to me to help make a sale, unless he judged that selling it to me would not result in a favourable outcome for him, i have a fully positive feedback review rating thingy on ebay so there's nothing to suggest i would be a problem-buyer -unless the product has a problem- and i keep arriving back at that conclusion, he has other watches with case back photos, so he knows what a case back is, a spring bar removal tool makes an appearance in a lot of photos to lend an air of the "professional-at-work" to them, so it's not a huge leap to assume he may have a case back removal tool as well, so is maybe aware that a movement exists inside these time-telling devices we call "a watch"
So with all that in mind i don't think it's unfair to say he/she is a wrong-un and even though they have a lot of nice watches to sell, their character is a massive repelling feature for me, i just hope nobody gets taken for a ride by this person, and that 'm totally wrong

·
Registered
Citizen
5 Posts
These are dishonest sellers that know exactly what they are doing and playing coy about it. In many ways these people are just morally bankrupt. These are the same type of people that throw their McDonald's trash out the window while driving.

Amen to that, i'd add they're also very adept at pulling out a victim card and waving it if you ask specifics about their sale item and then garner support by claiming you're bullying them,
ebay contacted me once and asked i stop badgering a seller when they wouldn't reply to my questions, after they had said in their description to "feel the welcome of asking question" (an interesting turn of phrase but i'm not judging them for that) , it would seem some questions are less welcome than others, i'm glad to have found this forum though, the world of watch-admiration can be pretty lonely if you're surrounded by hyenas and vultures

i saw a plain "clothes" police car pull a car over once that had just thrown a load of mcdonalds' rubbish out of it's drivers' side window, i imagine they would have been prosecuted not only for the litter but also driving without due care and attention, i would have loved to stop and gloat but knew better, that was a good day and justice would have been served with a side order of satisfaction

·
Registered
133 Posts
100% on his attitude yes, there is a bit of a hierarchy with a lot of online sites that rate the user with a numeric figure, some folk adhere to rigidly which is natural i suppose if they see it as a measure of their online achievements, on ebay it's the number of feedbacks you've got, i only have 131 compared to his 322 so he might deem me to be a less worthy of a reply than someone else with more,

but i still would have thought as a customer he would have replied to me to help make a sale, unless he judged that selling it to me would not result in a favourable outcome for him, i have a fully positive feedback review rating thingy on ebay so there's nothing to suggest i would be a problem-buyer -unless the product has a problem- and i keep arriving back at that conclusion, he has other watches with case back photos, so he knows what a case back is, a spring bar removal tool makes an appearance in a lot of photos to lend an air of the "professional-at-work" to them, so it's not a huge leap to assume he may have a case back removal tool as well, so is maybe aware that a movement exists inside these time-telling devices we call "a watch"
So with all that in mind i don't think it's unfair to say he/she is a wrong-un and even though they have a lot of nice watches to sell, their character is a massive repelling feature for me, i just hope nobody gets taken for a ride by this person, and that 'm totally wrong
I can't disagree with even one thing you said in this comment nor in your following comment. Spot on. I'm both a buyer and a seller on Ebay; when I ask a question I do it very humbly in the event it's someone like this seller and also so I can measure their response; when I'm asked a question, I'm flattered from the interest and totally courteous to him/her. Nor would I offer a Citizen bracelet/clasp on a Seiko watch and keep my nose up in the air about it just because I'm 100% as both a buyer and a seller. I wouldn't have any problem with you as a buyer or a seller, "too many questions" is no problem, sounds as if you do it with the same purposes I do. However, you may be wrong about potential buyers avoiding him, but that's their problem not ours.

·
Registered
Citizen
5 Posts
I can't disagree with even one thing you said in this comment nor in your following comment. Spot on. I'm both a buyer and a seller on Ebay; when I ask a question I do it very humbly in the event it's someone like this seller and also so I can measure their response; when I'm asked a question, I'm flattered from the interest and totally courteous to him/her. Nor would I offer a Citizen bracelet/clasp on a Seiko watch and keep my nose up in the air about it just because I'm 100% as both a buyer and a seller. I wouldn't have any problem with you as a buyer or a seller, "too many questions" is no problem, sounds as if you do it with the same purposes I do. However, you may be wrong about potential buyers avoiding him, but that's their problem not ours.

Thanks, you'd think it would go without saying to type messages the same way as you'd speak to them if you were face to face; be courteous and polite and ask directly what you'd like to know, compliment them on the listing as they've obviously taken time to present it, as for the Citizen bracelet not being mentioned in the description, it's at best maybe absent minded and at worst, an attempt to conceal it by hoping somebody might miss it in the photos, speculation i know,
i mentioned in the message i sent tg_group, that the description was a bit generic (most of the items by him or her have a cut and pasted description that doesn't commit to anything specific) could they confirm the watch doesn't have any defects in it's operation or function, which i thought seemed fair given the description only said the operations were checked, and not that they were without fault, call me pedantic but i thought it a loose end which was easily dealt with, and could avoid future problems if it didn't work and the seller said they never actually said it worked- only that they had checked it, best not to assume anything, especially as any questions at that time were very welcome.
But apparently asking if it works was not so welcome, i sent another message a couple of weeks later just in case the seller had been away on holiday and to confirm my original questions, and still nothing, the watch is still for sale now, i was going to ask for a couple of photos if they'd replied but obviously it never got that far, he or she does have some nice watches for sale but i'm going nowhere near them now, i'd love to hear from someone who has had a completely opposing experience with this seller, it would be interesting to know how their comms with this seller was
Very odd; a seller who is very particular who they sell to, very particular indeed, i know Rolex vet and interview jewellers before they will supply them with their watches, but that is to preserve their brand reputation and image etc, i'm sure i wouldn't have damaged tg_group's image if i'd bought a watch

181 - 200 of 202 Posts