·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enjoy!

Seiko Quartz Astron 35SQ - Worlds First Quartz Watch
    • Center second: One step per second
    • Outer diameter 30.00 mm T
    • Thickness 5.30 mm (battery unit 6.10 mm)
    • Driving method: Crystal oscillation circuit controlled stepping motor
    • Vibration frequency: 8.192 Hz
    • Accuracy: Room temperature (+4°C to +36°C)
      Daily rate ±0.2 sec
      Monthly rate: ±5 sec.
    • Battery life: 1 year or longer
    • Jewels: 8
    • Price: ¥450,000 (18-karat solid gold case)

[img]

[img]

[img]

[img]

[img]

[/b][/font][/left][font=Verdana][color=rgb(0, 0, 0)][b][/b][/font]

·
Registered
315 Posts
Did You land this iconic Seko ? :eek:

I am envious and impressed at the same time - both in the very best way from one Seikoholic to another :) ;D

·
Registered
386 Posts
The world is such a small place ;)

Here are the only 2 Astron models I have seen for sale - note the serial on the second :) :

·
Registered
27 Posts
Catalin said:
The world is such a small place ;)

Here are the only 2 Astron models I have seen for sale - note the serial on the second :) :

[img]
[/quote]

Just curious, using the usual numbering concept of the serial numbers, does it mean the 86th watch was made February and the 50th was made June the same year?

Patrick

·
Registered
386 Posts
pandaeye said:
Just curious, using the usual numbering concept of the serial numbers, does it mean the 86th watch was made February and the 50th was made June the same year?

Patrick
My feeling is that the story with only 100 being made might be a mistranslation - only 100 were made for the 1969 Christmas launch but the pictures above suggest some other small batches were made after that, almost certainly never more than 100 in a month.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Thanks for the pics of this beautiful historical piece! I think the dial is 100% Seiko aesthetically speaking, very pure, simple lines, and the finish on the solid gold case is outstanding of course. Nowadays we take quartz for granted but for 1969 that watch is a symbol of the coming revolution in watchmaking. The Swiss watchmaking industry was nearly wiped out in the years that followed.
The "technological DNA" legacy of this Astron can be found in every single quartz watch manufactured ever since. Just think about it!
Cheers,

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
JoepeteJokla said:
I am envious and impressed at the same time - both in the very best way from one Seikoholic to another :) ;D
Couldn't have put it better so I'll just +1 that! Thanks for the detailed photos of a fantastic icon of watchmaking!

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

What a beauty and thank you for sharing your great pictures of it.

Awesome!!

·
Administrator
30,146 Posts
pandaeye said:

Patrick
That is an interesting point as there were only 100 made also according to how Seiko number there watches it would have been the 87th and 51st i believe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts